Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shadows / Smudge flashes on LCD TV
  • Pieface

Just noticed 'shadow lines' appearing on our TV. Its an LCD(?) that we've had about 4 months. They aren't always there and appear briefly displaced away from the image they shadow, or you get the odd 'smudge' flashing up every now and then. Predomiantly on the Left side.

I guess its the telly, but wondered if there was a known issue with Sky+ boxes? Will try running the cable into the Freesat but am worried the TV will have to go back.

smudge
    Free Member

wondered what i'd done then!!

scaredypants

have you tried altering the picture output on your sky box (to RGB/component often improves the picture – or if it's skyHD and the telly does 720whatever, then set to "posh")

Pieface

Not changed anything AFAIK, its just started doing it.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Can you power it up with no signal and a black screen (i.e. unplug the sky box) – if there's something going on with the backlight then it could show up then.
    I have a samsung that was a bit 'odd' but turning down the backlight a bit and upping the contrast a tad seemed to help. Or my retinas have failed in the same pattern…

trout
    Free Member

You pervert Smudge flashes 😆

waynekerr
    Free Member

I had the image retention thing & sparkles on my telly which was 4 years old, John Lewis gave us a new one under guarantee

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shadows / Smudge flashes on LCD TV’ is closed to new replies.