Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • SFN or Head Doctor type…
  • fackit
    Free Member

Basically, the Star-Fangled nut has knackered and wondered what which you would recommend as a replacement…

Cheers

retro83
    Free Member

stick with the star fangled tangler 🙂

how you manage to break one?

james
    Free Member

A (new) SFN for each fork. The cost of a head doctor has always put me off getting one
    I quite like the challenge that is trying to force a SFN in with just a hammer and a screwdriver. I've been bought a proper SFN setting tool now though

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Loving my Head Doctors here.

Never had a prob except when I changed stems and the new one was shorter stack so I ended up tensioning the top cap against the steerer tube and shearing the screw for the head doctor.

Hope gave me a new one free of charge though. 😀

Worth £8.

fackit
    Free Member

are the star fangled banglers not fiddly to fit.. as i've heard they can be and have even seen a specific fitting tool for sale, what's that all about then…

I broke it when i was lowering the stem down a spacer, Didn't think i'd overtightened it 🙄

fackit
    Free Member

James – the cost of the Head doctor put me off too, hence me putting the issue up for debate with you guys… 💡

I know the star fangled jobs are cheap but poor quality too from my brief experience today…

naokfreek
    Free Member

I use a screwdriver through the hole, hit with a rubber mallet. Use one with a chunky handle but not so large as to cover the fangles, installed loads this way and works for me.

fackit
    Free Member

cheers 'naokfreek', the specific tool looks v similar to a screwdriver anyway so i'll go down the SFN route….

Cheers all 8)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SFN or Head Doctor type…’ is closed to new replies.