Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • Sexist kids' TV
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Paw Patrol. Dear god.. how did this get made in this day and age?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

jekkyl

Op your Op is severely lacking in detail..

SaxonRider

I’ve never seen Paw Patrol, and I don’t think my kids watch it. What’s sexist about it?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Cheetara from Thundercats.

Oh! Wait…..Sexist.

funkmasterp

How’s it sexist? Funk Jr doesn’t have an interest in it, but genuinely curious. It’s Hey Duggee (my favourite), Bing 😡 and anything with dinosaurs / animals here.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I watch Paw Patrol (because my daughter does) I am much more concerned that a clearly mentally challenged bulldog can operate a JCB and the town mayor has a chicken living in her handbag

funkmasterp

Cheetara from Thundercats.

Oh! Wait…..Sexist.

Typo Perchy? Surely sexy is whar you meant snarf snarf 😉

TheFlyingOx

Molgrips – I don’t think calling out sexism is allowed anymore. To be offended by sexism on someone else’s behalf you would have to be assuming the potential offendee’s gender. That’s a massive faux pas these days.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah but Skye is Welsh so we let it slide (and they dropped in a token second female Pup midway).

andyrm
    Free Member

Skye is Scottish isn’t she? Or Canadian if you’re watching the original……

hot_fiat

Paw patrol? Surely not

Hey Duggee is a work of stylistic genius. Like watching an animated lemonjelly album cover. Truly geometrically beautiful.

molgrips
    Free Member

Seven puppies who form a sort of emergency service. One girl, who wears pink and all her stuff is pink. They are managed by a boy, and the boy puppies have all rufty tufty machines that transform into tough off road type vehicles, hers is a pink camper van. The girl human runs a beauty salon, and in the episode we just watched needs a puppy to make beautiful for the dog show.

FFS.

jimjam
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Seven puppies who form a sort of emergency service. One girl, who wears pink and all her stuff is pink. They are managed by a boy, and the boy puppies have all rufty tufty machines that transform into tough off road type vehicles, hers is a pink camper van. The girl human runs a beauty salon, and in the episode we just watched needs a puppy to make beautiful for the dog show.

FFS.

Absolutely disgusting. I’m so triggered right now. The only saving grace is that it comes from 2013 – a time when people believed in such outlandish myths as biological sex and gender. Luckily we now know that all biological sex is a social construction and despite overwhelming “scientific” propaganda from the patriarchy we know that men can be women and women can be men if we only brainwash them as such.

For balance I only let my children watch Sheezow on loop. A cartoon programe about a boy who’s superhero alternate identity is a girl/his own cross dressing self. You should check it out and force watch it with your children.

With luck and perseverance we can overcome this deeply offensive sexism and redress the gender balance to the point where equal numbers of women can die in dangerous first responder and construction jobs as their male counterparts.

mrhoppy

They are managed by a boy, and the boy puppies have all rufty tufty machines that transform into tough off road type vehicles, hers is a pink camper van.

Now not to knock your paw patrol knowledge but Skye has a helicopter and her backpack turns into a rocket pack with wings. And there is now Everest and she has a snowmobile.

To be honest every character is equally incompetent so you can’t call it out there either.

And yes I have been forced to sit through them with hoppy jr, urgh.

gerti
    Free Member

Peppa Pig.

Daddy pig is a fat useless incompentent fecker who never does anything right.

Miss Rabbit is a single Mum holding down several jobs without even a bead of sweat on her brow.

sillysilly
    Free Member

Yeah but did your kids enjoy watching it? No lying now or Chase will be on the case 🙂

revs1972
    Free Member

Absolutely disgusting. I’m so triggered right now. The only saving grace is that it comes from 2013 – a time when people believed in such outlandish myths as biological sex and gender. Luckily we now know that all biological sex is a social construction and despite overwhelming “scientific” propaganda from the patriarchy we know that men can be women and women can be men if we only brainwash them as such.

For balance I only let my children watch Sheezow on loop. A cartoon programe about a boy who’s superhero alternate identity is a girl/his own cross dressing self. You should check it out and force watch it with your children.

With luck and perseverance we can overcome this deeply offensive sexism and redress the gender balance to the point where equal numbers of women can die in dangerous first responder and construction jobs as their male counterparts.

I’m reading this and imagining Ewan Mcgregors “Renton” uttering those words

lister

There is more than 1 Miss Rabbit.
    Hence all the jobs.

HTH!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

There is more than 1 Miss Rabbit.

grumpysculler
    Free Member

Skye is Scottish isn’t she

Look, we Scots can stand on our own two feet. It’s oor oil. Erm, GERs, erm, Nicola, erm, FREEDOM!!

ajantom

Ours currently favours Peter Rabbit on Cbeebies.
    The CGI animation looks like it’s been done In Windows 95 by a stoned work experience team.

On the other hand Maddie on ‘Do you know?’ Woof!

Drac

There is more than 1 Miss Rabbit

No, there’s an episode where she had a day off.

funkybaj
    Free Member

There’s a Miss Rabbit and a Mummy Rabbit, look identical but it’s Miss Rabbit with eleventy jobs.

Klunk
    Free Member

I don’t understand why the puppies talk in paw patrol, makes them seem like puppy shaped children under the control of another slightly older child. very odd to me 😕

P-Jay
    Free Member

Peppa Pig is full of Little in-jokes for parents. See the interactions between Grandpa Pig and Freddy Fox’s Dad in regards to chickens.

[video]https://youtu.be/AT_ebbSwFUs[/video]

Miss Rabbit was their go-to for any job – helicopter pilot, excavator driver, shop worker etc – someone must have said “Miss Rabbit has a lot of jobs!” So they made an episode about it – I believe she switches roles with Mrs Rabbit for a day.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

😀

Kryton57

puppies

At that time of morning? FFS thats it its banned in my house!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Octonauts FTW!

ajantom

Octonauts FTW!

I find it weird that the polar bear and the penguin are roughly the same size.

And there’s a pirate cat.

And a half-animal, half-turnip hybrid.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I find it weird that the polar bear and the penguin are roughly the same size.

And there’s a pirate cat.

POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Flappity flippers! What’s wrong with that?

andyrm
    Free Member

On the other hand Maddie on ‘Do you know?’ Woof!

Good call! But are we allowed to acknowledge an attractive female now? Doesn’t that make us objectifying sexist pig dog supporters of The Patriarchy™ ?

Drac

Are they Swedish?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Gail McKenna, ex 90s jazz mag/P3 model not averse for getting her ladybits out on a regular basis, now CITV presenter on Brilliant Creatures.
    Lovely….

Pook

In paw patrol the bulldogs teeth are independent of his jaw.

Once seen….

funkmasterp

Ours currently favours Peter Rabbit on Cbeebies.
    The CGI animation looks like it’s been done In Windows 95 by a stoned work experience team.

Funk Jr loves it. I can’t fathom why some of the animals wear clothes and have the ability to speak whereas others don’t. The main cast just steal shit and traumatise Mr Magregar. That poor bastard is going to have a stroke or heart attack because a trio of anthropomorphic rabbits **** with him every day.

ajantom

‘Rabbits are brave…..’
    No they’re not!

*edit
    We were watching ABBA videos on YouTube this morning (She has strict rules about music videos – they must be wearing dresses, must be dancing, no nightclub scenes 😆 ) and an advert came up for a Peter Rabbit movie. With. James. Cordon. As. Peter. Oh. Joy.

johnners
    Free Member

Peter Rabbit movie. With. James. Cordon. As. Peter. Oh. Joy.

I saw the trailer for that. It looks worse than you can possibly imagine.

GrahamS

Been watching “Annedroids” on Amazon.

Anne is a genius home-schooled inventor/scientist who lives in the junkyard with her dad and builds her own androids and AI.

Capers ensue. She’s the hero. Smart and capable. She faces a baddie woman who is charge of a tech company and she seeks her altruist genius mum. Very female centric. Good messages about STEM etc.

The final episode even has one of the androids trying to choose what gender it should be, before settling on non-binary.

My girls loved it.

I imagine jimjam would have been spitting feathers. 😆

Drac

Peppa Pig was one of the few I could tolerate watching when my kids were younger.

[video]https://youtu.be/jil0WCh_UoQ[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Sexist kids' TV’ is closed to new replies.