Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Settting up a Registered Company
  • eviljoe
    Free Member

Hi All,

I usually work freelance self employed, but use a company name and a separate ac when I need to employ others (about 2-3 times a year) turn over less than £10, 000 . Latest employer, a big nationwide organisation requires a company registration number tax ref etc. Is it really worth going through the hassle of setting up a company with companies house with so little going through the books, and the company rarely being used?
    Anyone else set up a small company? Any experiences?

Cheers y'all

Joe

ourmaninthenorth

use a company name and a separate ac when I need to employ others (about 2-3 times a year)

Eh? If you're a sole trader, then surely you're still a sole trader, even when you're Eviljoe trading as joe's Pink Knickers or whatever?

As for your current cusotmer/client (be careful of using the word employer if you don't mean that – could have negative tax/NI consequences), I suspect the only reason they require details of a company name and number and tax numbers is for their internal reporting requirements – just tell them that you are a sole trader, and don't have a VAT number etc. because you're below the threshold.

Sounds like some idiot who has to fill out a form.

Is it really worth going through the hassle of setting up a company with companies house with so little going through the books, and the company rarely being used?

Probably not.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Settting up a Registered Company’ is closed to new replies.