Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • setting sag
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

is it important to set sag and how often shud it be done…im alittle clue-less lol all i know is that you have to sit in your bike in full bike gear very gently and tie wrap the fork or something. ? then what ? can someone explain this procedure and how oftenshud it be done…cheers.. 😀

grumm
    Free Member

Only need to do it once unless you lose/gain a lot of weight. Depends on the forks but usually you should use about 20-30% of the travel just sat on your bike in all your gear. Use a cable tie to measure it.

Check out your forks manual for their recommendations. Ideally you should be pretty much bottoming out the fork maybe once or twice on a ride, otherwise you are not using all the travel.

elaineanne
    Free Member

i dont have a manuel…. … sometimes i nearly bottom out (i think) but im not very heavy really i only weigh 8 stone. 140mm of travel are my forks..fox forks on the 'orange five' pro bike.. had my bike for a few months now…. my other bike is a specialized hard tail and only had 80mm of travel..rockshox recon race. so the fox forks on my full sus are alot better !

Andy-W
    Free Member

http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tech_center/index.htm

take a look at that it should give you a few pointers..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘setting sag’ is closed to new replies.