Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Service oil forks
  • astura
    Free Member

I’m about to attempt to change the oil in my forks give them a good clean up. Theory are Marzocchi z150’s, I looked on a forum guide on how to do them and they say to use 7.5wt oil, would I be able to get away using 10wt? Have soon in the garage 🙂

fivespot
    Free Member

In the summer (Ha) you might, but in the cold of winter your damping maybe a bit sluggish 8)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Give it a go. I doubt you’ll notice any difference to be honest. All you need to do is back the damping off a bit to compensate if you do. 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

No way of knowing. Two different brands listed as 7.5wt would have different viscosity ratings. Oil wt means nothing really. Try if, if you like it, great, if not, try something else.

legend
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member
    Give it a go. I doubt you’ll notice any difference to be honest. All you need to do is back the damping off a bit to compensate if you do.

This covers it really. A bit less compression and a bit less rebound and you should be fine. Worst case scenario would be spiking, and you’ll know if that happens!

astura
    Free Member

Just curious. What is spiking?

legend
    Free Member

Too much/too heavy an oil trying to flow through the damper can effectively lock it out (especially on square edged hits in my experience). Last time I had it was when I was playing with the compression on my old 888s, not a nice sensation when it kicked in over braking bumps

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just curious. What is spiking?

When the damping is too slow and the fork feels very harsh when you hit a series of fast bumps

argoose
    Free Member

GHB best I find 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Service oil forks’ is closed to new replies.