Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • sergio Perez leaves McLaren!!
  • renton
    Free Member

Sorry can’t do links from my phone but Sergio Perez has just announced he is leaving McLaren!

nicko74

I haven’t been keeping abreast of it, but it sounded like he jumped before he was pushed, no?

Shame – he may be inconsistent (in a crash-bang-wallop way), but he’s given Button some serious competition.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Definitely jumped before he was pushed.

legend
    Free Member

Not really, they announced Magnussen as driver yesterday

wolfrider
    Free Member

He didn’t give button a run for his money, infact hes been let go because he had a speed deficit to button that mclaren didnt think hed ever overcome.this magnussen kid is suposed to be something special though.

icarus
    Free Member

His dad was a bit of a star!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Didn’t know about Magnussen, I was hoping for the hulk and Perez at lotus. I really like Perez and it’s a shame drivers don’t get more of a chance these days.

On another note I have been really impressed with Grosean over the second half of the season. He seemed to spend the first half being over his desire to crash into everything/one but going slowly and has now speed up somewhat.

wolfrider
    Free Member

I ache definitely agree with you about grosean most improved driver this year by a country mile.

clubber
    Free Member

Er.. Perez was pushed. The news about the change has been speculated for a week and unofficially announced a couple of days ago.

Anyway, Magnusssen ‘s dad was a classic case of failing to deliver on huge promise. He was expected to be the next Schumacher but never delivered.

They say that his son has his head better screwed on. Fingers crossed. I think Button needs some pushing as do McL

Marge
    Free Member

Thought Perez had finally been showing his potential recently….

I_Ache
    Free Member

The problem for Perez was the crap car he was given, he was showing his potential from his first race.

McLaren seem to have a crap car every other year, funnily enough they also have two development teams. They work on cars for alternate years. As much as I like Marin Whitmarch, Ron needs to steep in and sort it out.

clubber
    Free Member

Thought Perez had finally been showing his
    potential

He’s been consistently slower than button in races. The last week being a case in point. He’s obviously a decent driver but McL reckon that they can do better. That’s why he’s going.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111221

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Althouogh McLaren certainly have car performance issues, i’m getting to the point i’ve lost faith in Button TBH, he/the team just seems to be getting it wrong so often this season. Time for him to go perhaps?

the-muffin-man

it’s a shame drivers don’t get more of a chance these days.

He’s had 3 seasons in F1 – more of a chance than most get.

thepurist

dave_rudabar – Button’s got a contract for 2014 & IIRC an option on 2015 as well when they go to Honda power.

The last rookie to join McLaren did OK, so hope Magnussen is the real deal.

Interesting that Lotus apparently approached Schumi to replace Kimi for the last 2 races as well. Bet he wanted paying up front though so no deal there! 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Was Magnussons father Magnus?

Will the kid wait for “a starter for ten” and not stop for tyres as “I’ve started so I’ll finish”
    😆

the-muffin-man

I think McLaren knew exactly what they were getting with Button – a good No.2 driver who brings in consistent points all season long. Which is why Perez is out on his ear – they don’t want two consistent steady drivers.

clubber
    Free Member

i’m getting to the point i’ve lost faith in Button TBH, he/the team just seems to be getting it wrong so often this season

I’m not really sure you can blame the car on Button, can you? He’s never been a brilliant qualifier but he seems to be getting things fairly right in the races. It seems to me that Button’s getting about as much out of it as they can and don’t forget that unlike those in the chapionship hunt this year, McL haven’t been developping this car unless it carries forward to next year.

The theory is that they run Button and Magnussen in 2014, see who does best and if they manage to get Alonso on board, get rid of one of them.

clubber
    Free Member

a good No.2 driver who brings in consistent points all season long.

Who despite all the crowing when he was teamed with Hamilton about how he was going to be destroyed, outscored him during his time at McL?

Button’s not the fastest driver but he’s better than a number 2 and in complex situations, probably one of the best, if not the best. That could be a real asset in 2014 with all the new regs and potential complexities.

shermer75
    Free Member

I was pretty surprised by this too, but they reckon they’ve done they’re analysis. Really looking forward to watching Magnusson drive next year, it’s been a tough year for a McLaren fan!!

shermer75
    Free Member

The theory is that they run Button and Magnussen in 2014, see who does best and if they manage to get Alonso on board, get rid of one of them.

This^ is going to make for a very interesting year!

robbieh
    Free Member

Was Magnussons father Magnus?

Will the kid wait for “a starter for ten” and not stop for tyres as “I’ve started so I’ll finish”

LMAO, brilliant

shermer75
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘sergio Perez leaves McLaren!!’ is closed to new replies.