Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Serenity, worth watching firefly first.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have got a copy of Serenity but is it a must to watch the series first or it OK as a stand alone film.?

scotroutes

Essential

Pigface
    Free Member

Fine as a stand alone film, Summer Glau 😛

peteimpreza

Not essential but very entertaining if you do.

shindiggy
    Free Member

I’ve watched the film and it was utter **** in my opinion. Not seen the series though.

zilog6128

The series is must watch, full stop. Serenity I could take or leave.

Cougar

The film does stand alone. However, without watching the series first you miss a lot of back story and aren’t invested in the characters, which (as a previous poster demonstrates) leaves the film a bit thin.

I’d very strongly recommend you watch the show first. It’s cheap (£12 for the Blu-ray on Amazon), it’s only 15 episodes so not a huge investment, and it’s one of the finest TV shows ever made. Hell, if you buy the Blu-ray and don’t like it, I’ll buy it off you at cost.

Northwind

Not essential- it works as a standalone. But better to watch the series first, it’s ace (much better than the film)

CountZero

Summer Glau…
    Sorry, what was the question again?

Cougar

Would this be a good time to mention I’ve met her, again?

soundninjauk

Watch the series. Yes the film will make sense(ish) without it, but if you want the show then the whole thing is a much better experience.

Plus the show is brilliant, you should watch it even without the movie in consideration.

So basically what everyone else said.

scotroutes

You’ve met her again? Sounds like stalking

Cougar

My cat hates you.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I prefer Kaylee she could help fix the bike eh…But yes see the series it’s baffling that it was cancelled based on the other shite they serve up for 200 episodes.

househusband

In some ways the fact that it was axed, for whatever reason, after one series has made it all the more a cult classic.

I concur with joolsburger re Kaylee…. 😉

Cougar

I prefer Kaylee

I don’t really want this to turn into another testosterone laden “who’s hottest” discussion, but having met the aforementioned Summer along with Jewel Staite and Morena Baccarin (clang), I can confidently confirm that you have chosen wisely.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Watch the series first.

chvck
    Free Member

Watch the series first! The series is worth watching more than the film is 😀

Cougar

it was axed, for whatever reason

That’s a long and boring story, but it was largely to do with the networks buggering about with schedules. The episodes were shown out of order too, so the story arc made little sense. There’s probably many, many articles about it on that Web.

The first episode aired (“The Train Job”) was shown before the two-parter pilot. It was thrown together at the last minute because Fox wanted an action-centric opener rather than something exposition heavy, and it shows. It’s probably the weakest episode in the series. You really need to watch them in order; the running order on the disc is correct.

Despite all that, it’s not the case that the show wasn’t popular at the time. It was; problem was, it was very expensive, so had to be very successful to justify its budget.

footflaps

Is she the same woman in Terminator, The Sarah Connor Chronicles?

Cougar

Yup. “Cameron” IIRC (named after James).

That’s where CZ’s image is taken from, I believe.

rOcKeTdOg

yes

footflaps

I was gutted when they ended that show due to the writer’s strike. Was one of the best things going at the time 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

cougar, are you wollowitz?

Cougar

I never really got into it. I watched, eh, half a dozen episodes or so, and whilst it was alright, it was just alright.

Cougar

cougar, are you wollowitz?

(-:

See the refund offer I made in my first post? That’s where I got the idea from, it’s how I discovered TBBT. Mate of mine said to just buy it and if I didn’t like it he’d give me the money back. His money ended up being quite safe.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Series First! All shiny, though….

“I am a leaf on the wind… Watch how I soar…”

?Wash

Cougar

Oh, don’t start quoting, or I’ll be here all bloody night.

grum
    Free Member

never really got into it. I watched, eh, half a dozen episodes or so, and whilst it was alright, it was just alright.

Perfectly sums up how I feel about Firefly.

kimbers

thats why I never kiss em on the lips

piemonster

Summer Glau

Good lord yes.

Cougar

Perfectly sums up how I feel about Firefly.

I’ll add you to my “people who are wrong today” list.

(-:

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Mmm Jewel Staite, oh and Morwena Banks…..

Great series and cracking film too

CaptJon
    Free Member

You’ll get more from the film if you watch the series first.

kimbers

if we are gonna get all pervy Christina Hendricks !!!

theres a special place for me

scotroutes

I think I can see it from here

footflaps

After reading this thread I downloaded and watched Serenity this evening. Not bad at all. Thought the music was pretty good.

Recognised pretty much the entire cast from various Sci-fi channel series eg Stargate etc…

Might have to watch Firefly now (downloaded it ages ago).

Cougar

You’ve Done It Wrong.

But, glad you liked it. Now try and forget everything you’ve just seen before watching the show.

footflaps

Forget what?

CountZero

Cougar – Moderator
    I prefer Kaylee
    I don’t really want this to turn into another testosterone laden “who’s hottest” discussion, but having met the aforementioned Summer along with Jewel Staite and Morena Baccarin (clang), I can confidently confirm that you have chosen wisely.

Ihateyouihateyouihateyouihateyouihateyou… 😉
    …and what happened to the second pic of Summer I put up, which was from Firefly? (You’re right, the first pic is from the Sarah Connor Chronicles).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Serenity, worth watching firefly first.?’ is closed to new replies.