Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Sennheiser ear pones.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Which in ear ones for around £30 please.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ones with a plug that doesn’t break, mine did!

enduro-aid
    Free Member

I have the cx 300 mark 2

very happy with them great bass and mids and very comfy aswell, come with selection of bud sizes

watch out for fakes though make sure you buy from a proper shop or website

should be able to pick them up for 20 quid or less

thehustler
    Free Member

I have CX 200’s which are great and cost less than that, people say the CX300’s which are in that bracket are even better

stumpy01

I’ve got cx300s which are good.

Only issue is that the wire that goes to the earbuds (from where it splits) feels quite fragile.

B_Leach
    Free Member

go for a pair of CX300 Mk2, they got rid of the flimsy join in the Mk1s and have a solid rubber part instead now, much better! they do sound pretty awesome too, plenty of base for those that want it 🙂

EDIT: +1 for using a reputable seller, i’ve been stung by fakes on ebay before…

Ashley
    Free Member

I got my mx300’s from play.com which I found to be the cheapest at the time.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

don’t be tempted by too good to be true prices on the likes of amazon marketplace and ebay

they are generally fakes

CX300s are fine

Spongebob
    Free Member

I’m going for Sennheiser earphones next time.

My current earphones are Etymotic Reserach Er-6i’s. They sound great, but i’e had to replace the cabling as the old ones went open circuit. They were only two years old when they faiied and I suspect this was down to the somewhat stiff cable insulation.

Etymotic were pretty useless in telling me that I would have to replace them and that they could not be repaired. As I’d paid £70 for them, I was’t going to chuck them without having a go. It was a very fine soldering job, but it worked.

This isn’t the only problem however. As this headphone brand usually caters for the professional sector, you end up with a choice of different earbuds and filters. This would be fine if Etymotic didn’t charge a small fortune for these essential items.

I bought these because the choice of in-ear headphones was extremely limited then. I just wish i’d waited!

Aside from the clunky appearance, these do a fantasitic job of shutting out ambient noise and reproducing music, but next time I would like a product from a more mainstream brand.

Sennheiser are an “old hand” in headphones and i’ve had several pairs of headphones by them, so I don’t think you could find a much better supplier od affordable units.

There are earphones which cost over £100 (some cost much more than that). I know that in most cases these will be better than the cheaper one’s, but i know the improvements are not proportionate to price and earphones don’t last and are prone to getting lost/damaged. So don’t waste your money. £40 would be my maximum budget. That way, when they fail after a couple of years or so, it won’t be a problem to chuck them away and buy a new pair.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I had CX300s, the left bud stopped working after about 3 months. Googling about it seems to be a common problem.

Play.com refunded me (eventually…)

hopster
    Free Member

CX300’s from 7 dayshop. Picked some up for 15quid a year ago. Managed to stand on them a few months ago damaging one of the headphones but I glued back together and they are still going strong.

Sound great and I find the fit spot on.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I’m on second pair of c 300s the right angle jack keeps breaking

TheFopster
    Free Member

Got CX300s and very dissapointed. Had Sennheisers before of different design and always been impressed so was surprised. Can’t rememeber where I got them, but reading above maybe they are not legit. Main issue is comfort – personally can’t get them to fit right with any of the bud sizes. If I”m not travelling and need isolation am sticking to my old Grados, whick blow everything I have ever tried into the water. Not much use on the tube though…

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

my personal choice is Denon for in ears nowadays

callous
    Free Member

Try the Sennheiser CX500’s. I got mine from Amazon for less than £10.
    They are very good.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

the CX500s i got from amazon* were fake and sounded like a bag of spanners

see above post

*reseller, they weren’t an Amazon stocked item

scruff
    Free Member

Do theses Denon or Sennheiser ones have ‘robust’ rubber ear bits, the swappable ones on my Sonys keep falling off when caught, ending up a bit useless.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

not had any problems with the denons, i use a pair of sony ones for riding and i’ve never had problems with them coming off though, the textured finish on the sennheiser ones are a bit better grippier in sweaty ears, come to think of it i think the ones on my sonys are sennheiser buds anyway

retro83
    Free Member

I’ve had my CX300s for a couple of years. Very good, just try and avoid the fakes on fleabay.

Jamie
    Free Member

callous:

Try the Sennheiser CX500’s. I got mine from Amazon for less than £10.
    They are very good.

If they are genuine I will eat my hat.

titusrider
    Free Member

i point you to shure e420’s, hideously expensive but they have genuinely transformed the way i listen to music. Sound isolating to a brilliant degree and sound quality that still amazes me.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

if i’m going to pay that much for headphones i’d be going for custom lug plugs

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i asked the same question a few weeks back, here’s the link to the fake site that someone kindly posted…

http://fakeheadphones.com/pictures/sennheiser-cx300-fake-vs-genuine/

also stumbled across a similar thread on avforums yesterday and apparently the seller ‘popblue’ on play.com has legit ones cheap…

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/10852732/Sennheiser-CX300-II-Precision-ECO-Headphones-Black/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0&source=9593&_$ja=tsid:11853|prd:78888

Muke
    Free Member

HiFiHeadphone review says SoundMAGIC PL11

beb

how are the sennheisers for wind noise when you’re on the bike?

staralfur
    Free Member

Quite enjoying a new pair of Skullcandy Titans that i’m using at the gym, great sound for £20.

Cougar

Skullcandy are far better than they’ve any right to be.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Sennheiser ear pones.?’ is closed to new replies.