• This topic has 25 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Sending it and pinning it
  • Harry_the_Spider

I actually heard somebody say that today and he meant it.

I thought people only talked like that if they were taking the piss.

noteeth
    Free Member

Insomuch as I ever “send it” whilst biking… it’s usually late and to the wrong address. 😳

Oggles
    Free Member

Wos hiz biek saracin?

[what happened to the MBUK forumizer?]

Harry_the_Spider

No idea what he was talking about. It made him sound like a bit of a div.

However, I am old.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Whilst I perhaps wouldn’t use the terminology to describe my somewhat irratic riding style I can see that for ‘the youth’ of today who are doing huge jumps at great speed with good style describing that as ‘sending it’ doesn’t seem so ridiculous. I mean, what phrase would you use?

crazy-legs

I’ve “pinned it” a few times. Various bits of my body got pinned to the ground by the bike hurtling over the top of me. 🙁
    Maybe that’s not what’s supposed to happen…

LOL @ noteeth.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Iz waz sndin it 2day @ htn-innit blood.D’ya no peep me…ya get me?
    There may have occasionally been some pinnage also from time to time 😉

brant
    Free Member

I actually heard somebody say that today and he meant it.
    I thought people only talked like that if they were taking the piss.

In so much as I don’t ever think the riding of bikes in woods should be taken terribly seriously I kind of was.

I was probably using it in a post modern ironic style. Maybe.

Nick

lol

Harry_the_Spider

In so much as I don’t ever think the riding of bikes in woods should be taken terribly seriously I kind of was.

I was probably using it in a post modern ironic style. Maybe.

It wasn’t you! I assumed that you were taking the piss.

brant
    Free Member

Ah. See I said it, but you didn’t hear me. Then a bloke repeated it. And you were like “huh?”

It’s hanging out with Pagey and Ed. I’m always sending and pinning stuff. It’s mint, youth.

geetee1972
    Free Member

The term ‘send it’ or ‘sending it’ is also used in rock climbing I think, particularly with regard to really hard boulder problems. It’s used the same way, i.e. to describe the act of actually doing something like a big jump or a hard boulder problem.

I know what you mean about ‘sending it’ sounding a bit silly, but surely pinning it is OK? Or am I just being a middle aged man trying to be yoof?

noteeth
    Free Member

Pinning it” should be reserved for this extreme sport, imo.

Harry_the_Spider

Ah. See I said it, but you didn’t hear me. Then a bloke repeated it.

You should make up a word and see if somebody says it back to you in agreement.

singlespeedstu

I sent it to the pub today then pinned it at the bar…

jemima
    Free Member

I think ‘pinning it’ and ‘pinned’ are OK. I think it quite aptly describes the fine line between ultimate speed and total loss of control. I enjoy pinning it as much as I can. I am not a teenager nor am I in my twenties!

ton

i have just sent and pinned a large mixed kebab, chips and garlic n cheese mushrooms.

i iz well bad innit…………… 8)

RealMan
    Free Member

One time I sended it so hard it got received all over the place. It was mad pinnin’

Netdonkey

pinned my body to the trail in an over the handlebar,diagonal, rooty drop off, delivered with a superman / batman / fat man comedy barrel roll today.

did I pin it or narf it?

geetee1972
    Free Member

I just noticed that you don’t submit posts on STW.

You ‘send’ them! 😀

ojom
    Free Member

Just sent 2 baked spuds, mackeral, broc peas and salad. Now pinning some magic firewater.

It’s the future.

firestarter
    Free Member

Tony I pinned a Doner last night but unfortunately sent it about half hour later, hope yours is better than mine was 😉

Kevevs
    Free Member

You are old. they are young. you lose!

smell_it
    Free Member

Some years ago, on my commute to work I was hit by a ford focus that broke my leg in several places; fortunately the surgeon pinned it 😯

ojom
    Free Member
    jedi

pinned , nailed, rode, rocked, sent, ……………….

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Sending it and pinning it’ is closed to new replies.