Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sending diary appointments with ipad / icloud
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

Hey guys,

How do you guys send diary appointments around so that it will sync with iCloud?

If you guys are using ipads you’ll know that using them with Outlook works well but an appointment made in the outlook diary does not automatically sync with icloud as its in the wrong diary.

Any way I need a way of putting events in the diary that will automatically be placed in the icloud diary, anyone have a viable solution.

We use PCs in the office and normally use outlook for mail etc but this could change if need be.

The ipad soloution with icloud is perfect for us other than this one issue……

sharkbait
    Free Member

Do you absolutely NEED to use iCloud?
    If not I believe the answer is to use Gmail for your calendar – works brilliantly. You can set up mulitple calendars, syncs with pretty much everything and does SMS/popup/email notifications as standard.

GrahamS

We use Google Calendar.

You still use the iOS Calendar app, with it and sync to Google Calendar via Google Sync.

Has the advantage that we also have easy access to our calendars while sat at a PC and syncing is instant. Add an appointment at PC and it appears straight away on our iPhones/iPad.

(I don’t use iCloud for much other than backups, Find My iPhone, and contact syncing).

tonyd

+1 Google, use it to sync calendars to iPad, Mac (SL so no iCloud), Android phone, etc. Easy to set up and works well. I guess if it’s a business use though you might not want to use Google (or iCloud), if you have a calendar server at work already just use CalDAV and you should be able to get to it from most devices.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

niceone guys.
    This looks like just the solution

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Is it an Exchange account? I use my iPhone for work and have had no issues with syncing it with my work calendar and never touch iCloud. In fact when iCloud came out I wondered what the fuss was about since Outlook Exchange and Google already offered sync’ing of mail, calendars and contacts with iOS.

GrahamS

Is it an Exchange account?

Yeah the Google Sync thing is basically an Exchange account with Google doing some additional shenanigans at their end.

when iCloud came out I wondered what the fuss was about since Outlook Exchange and Google already offered sync’ing of mail, calendars and contacts with iOS.

Likewise. I think Apple basically just wanted to offer a non-Google alternative. I do sync contacts via iCloud as I found Google Contacts tended to lose or rename some of the fields and messed up the contact photos.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sending diary appointments with ipad / icloud’ is closed to new replies.