Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • sending a bike to europe
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

need to get my bike from london to the alps. assuming it is all packed up in a bike box properly, how should i go about getting it out here?

which company?
    how much?
    as its mine, i trust i won’t have to pay taxes (and its all within the EU, right?!)

its a HT, but there is also a lot of my own kit which would need sending out with it, so maybe total weight of around 45-50lb?

how would i make sure my tool kit (in a tool box) doesn’t damage anything?!

rockhopperbike

take it with you if you can, and pack the tools in tour hand luggage [no knives remember]- it is only around 40gbp to put on the plane with you

if you really have to post it in advance, royal mail is not so bad, but they have a 30kilo limit

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

already in the alps… bike still in london 🙁

spoon
    Free Member

I wanted to ship a frame out from London –> Geneve and it was 120gbp -that was insured though.

I decided it was cheaper to go and get it !

bruneep

parcel2go?

I was about £60 for frame and forks to Poland. so full bike could be about £80ish

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

120?! hmm.

will look into parcel2go i think

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

bump – any other ideas? waiting on dimensions so i can find out about parcel2go – but i think i may need to have this all done by thurs (just been told…)

nightmare.

fi5ty5ive
    Free Member

I just had my bike delivered to myself in Germany from the UK with DHL for £23. There is a review / instructions thingy here: DirtMTB.com

Got a load of quotes from various couriers and shipping resellers all hovering around the £120 mark. And the bike shop was quoting £85, So £23 seemed pretty decent! 🙂

The delivery man looked a bit peeved hauling a 1.8m x 1.1m, 22kg bike box up the drive – but it got here safely. It was picked up Friday and arrived Tuesday morning which is super fast!

And to answer the original question – No import Tax for EU to EU delivery’s. (sometimes Switzerland is a problem though!)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘sending a bike to europe’ is closed to new replies.