Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sending a bike to America and back?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Airlines asking $150 and 150 Euro to ship each way to the USA. Is there a cheaper UPS style means?

LardLover
    Free Member

I used Parcel2Go when I had to send my Moots back for repair. Think I paid £75 to get it there. Moots sent it back with FedEx, at my expense (around £100 at the time with the exchange rate being good!). That was just a frame though.

If you’re sending it back as a warranty, make sure you say so on the Customs forms. I ended up saying it was a repair (didn’t mention warranty – as it wasn’t!) and had to pay £150 import charges and tax and that was AFTER they delivered it. Tried to say it was warranty work, even got a letter off Moots to say it was (even though it wasn’t) but still had to pay the thieving robbing HMC&R barstewards 🙁 (my fault though).

mcmoonter
    Free Member

What I want to is mail my road bike to the US, ride it and bring it back. Are there customs implications there?

Still keen to hear of how peole are taking bikes to the US by the cheapest route. I can get a return flight from Edinburgh to Portland for £350. The return for the bike is $300 or 300 Euros. Go figure

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Sending a bike to America and back?’ is closed to new replies.