Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sending 4 car RIMs abroad
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Who would the borg / STW recommend?
    I have 4 bare rims that may need to be sent to the Netherland (buyer’s paying).
    I could use some recommendations on who to use to get them there. I thought I might try parcel to go for starters.

Also how to wrap them?
    I was thinking of putting 2 rims together with cardboard between them and on the ends then using the cling film type wrap (pallet wrap?) to hold it all together.
    Any suggestions gratefully received.
    Thanks

DickBarton

Stick them on a corner each of a rectangle. add an engine and drive them across??? 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

Funny it should be you to reply mr DB, its for someone on CVR4!

TheFlyingOx

Try shiply.com
    Couriers bid for your custom.

I sent some engine bits to Germany this way, cost about £30 all in.

As for wrapping, most couriers will only do 2 packages of 2 wheels, rather than the 4 together. Assuming it’s possible without mashing spokes off each other put them together outside facing in, use lots of cardboard on the outside and inbetween the two rims, then cover liberally in that sticky black wrapping stuff you can get (or binbags and sellotape).

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Get down to Hellfrauds or similar they should be able to sort you with boxes. I’d have thought it would be cheapest to book a collection from the recipients end through DPD or similar, certainly was sending and receiving to/from Chermany.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I sent 4 17″ wheels with tyres a couple of years ago to Holland. I just put cardboard on each side then wrapped them in bubble wrap. Sent them individually using DPD, they collected and think it cost about £60 for them all. There are loads of companies online who are agents for sending parcels and can pass on their big discounts. Can’t remember the one I used but just do a search on google.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Parcel to go have quoted less than 60, which seems reasonable to me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sending 4 car RIMs abroad’ is closed to new replies.