Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Semi-pro freeriders and downhill riders – please get in touch
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

PIMP GANGSTA ALL UP IN YOUR GRILL ‘N TING!

Coyote
    Free Member

If it’s Asbergers then, no it’s not funny. Not even remotely.

Captain, please tell me that is not real. Please?

warton
    Free Member

Wasn’t the original Team McCoy thread on BikeRadar? That’s how I remember it, it was plainly obvious the guy wasn’t all there, and he took some serious abuse on that forum, this forum just talked about it, without ever getting a post from the man himself, IIRC

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Captain, please tell me that is not real. Please?

I cannot tell you that it is not real, I am afraid.

xiphon
    Free Member

He even manages to sneak in the phrase “The Godfather of UK freeride”

http://elbry.blogspot.com/2010/01/elbry-sandland-teams-up-with-ed-hardy.html

lowey

Yeah the whole Team McCoy thing was on BM. IN fairness though, it wasnt known that he had AS until the end of the thread. Up to that point he was getting ripped to pieces.

turboferret

The Godfather of UK freeride did do a DH race back in 2010, coming 6th out of 11 in the Masters category. Surely no-one can argue about such a prodigious racing career 🙂

Cheers, Rich

njee20
    Free Member

Up to that point he was getting ripped to pieces

Actually he did get some serious advice, which was to chill out! Certainly no one new about his AS at the time.

Shout if this crosses a line, I’ll take the link down, but it is funny, and not just for the ribbing the guy gets. Original thread.

moonboy
    Free Member

I beat Elbry at the Brechfa Enduro at the start of this year. fact.

Gnarr points self awarded with a concurrent self award penalty putting me back on 0 points?

TooTall
    Free Member

moonboy – I’ll award you Gnarr points for that, so you can keep them! I also must admit to having a bit of a long distance bromantic view of Elbry. His antics are fascinating. 😕

nols
    Free Member

I like how he was a ‘factory’ sponsored rider for Transition “back in the day…” The factory being Kyle and Kevin’s houses, and the sponsorship amounting to the UK distro at the time (very dodgy geezer in Leeds) giving Elbry a used Dirtbag frame that had done the rounds as a Magazine test mule.
    He’s like the UK Wade Richard Simmons

julianwilson
    Free Member

moonboy – Member

I beat Elbry at the Brechfa Enduro at the start of this year. fact.

In the interests of balance, Elbry beat me by a bike length in an xc race a couple of years ago. I was on a suitable bike, and he was on some 6″ rad-mobile with 55’s and huge tyres.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Semi-pro freeriders and downhill riders – please get in touch’ is closed to new replies.