• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Selling your ring in West Yorkshire
  • bearnecessities

No, not that…pawnbrokers.

I am now the owner of a ring, that is doing nothing, so will be getting shot. It is only 2 years old.

It’s a good ‘un, and whilst I know s/h value plummets, is there anyone to avoid or recommend for selling to? I’d rather just go to one place that will give me a fair price and make their fair profit, rather than trawling from one place to another; can’t think that’ll make me feel very good.

If anyone knows these things, it’s an 18t Rose Gold setting, GIA certified .56ct SI1, Colour E brilliant cut.

Any suggestions?

Bregante

Did Adriana knock you back than?

johndoh
    Free Member

Sell your ring?

I heard Manningham Lane, Bradford is good for that sort of trade.

andycs

Or Lumb Lane!

k-sugden
    Free Member

Hi what size is it ? send me a pic I may be able to help you out email in profile.

CountZero

Go to a proper goldsmith, not a jeweller, or those dodgy scam gold buyers who have stalls in shopping precincts.
    A goldsmith should give you the proper value for the gold as scrap, along with the value of the stone. They may buy it to sell complete, but I would trust a goldsmith over anyone else. Google or yellowpages for nearest. Sadly you’re nowhere near enough to give you the name of someone I know who’d buy it.

bearnecessities

Did Adriana knock you back than?

Wish she had.

K-Sugden, it’s a P from memory; will get a pic taken tomorrow.

EDIT: Oh and thank CZ, useful insight which I’ll look into.

k-sugden
    Free Member

Hi I am going away till Monday so will get back to you then a size P should fit the wife so if she likes the pic we may be able to work something out I am in Dewsbury so should be fairly close

bearnecessities

No probs, not in a rush; all original boxes & GIA certificates present with ins valuation for £2400. I paid £2100 (have receipt).

crankboy
    Free Member

Joe dean’s in ossett .

alanl
    Free Member

Why not auction it?
    Tennants in Leyburn have a sale most weeks, they are selling a lot of gold tomorrow, have a look at their site tomorrow evening and see what the sale prices are like.
    They take a week or 2 to pay up, and charge 17.5% commission, but when I’ve sold stuff through them I’ve always been happy with the prices. I’ve got something being sold by them next week, a local shop had it in for 9 months on a sale or return and couldnt shift it, took it to Tennants and they said they would have no problem getting rid.

http://www.tennants.co.uk/Catalogue/Sales/313.aspx

CountZero

You’re more than welcome. I’d hate to see you lose out on something of quality like that. Hope it works out ok.

hora
    Free Member

The thread title misleads..

maccruiskeen

The op is selling his ring – you only rent yours 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Its a powerful ring.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Selling your ring in West Yorkshire’ is closed to new replies.