Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Selling used cycling shoes – do folk buy them?
  • cinnamon_girl

Sorry, bit of a random post, but have a few pairs of cycling shoes that I no longer wear due to switching from SPDs to flats. Do people buy shoes from the Classifieds?

I obviously wouldn’t try to sell anything that was falling apart but they are Shimano, Cannondale and Northwave Goretex in reasonable condition. Not sure what postage costs are so perhaps might not be worth it.

What do the knowledgeable folk think?

Cheers.

swisstony
    Free Member

I did but i collected locally which meant i could try them on, can’t see the postage being much more than a fiver though?

coatesy
    Free Member

Sold mine without even trying, somebody asking for info on the same model, mentioned I had a pair with only light use for sale and they went.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I sold some Nike shoes that I got free when I bought a bike. Put them on ebay and they sold for about £25 if I remember correctly.

To be honest, I’d be more inclined to buy cycling shoes 2nd hand than I would ‘standard’ shoes. Not sure why though

colnagokid

a mate of mine recently sold a few pairs on ebay, didnt get a great amount for them but better than them just lying about

bigyinn
    Free Member

I have, as long as they’re not falling to bits and smelly (bit of a gamble looking at a photo tho!) i have no problems with s/h shoes!

DezB
    Free Member

As coatsy, someone asking for some on the classifieds, bought mine.
    I’m sure your dainty feet can’t have rendered your shoes unsaleable..!

crikey
    Free Member

Yep, bought 2 or 3 pairs of cycling shoes, both road and MTB from e-bay in the past.

DezB
    Free Member

btw, 1st class post for a pair of size 10s was a fiver.

stuckinarut
    Free Member

I sold a pair of Pearl Izumi Vortex last year. We arranged for a friend of his who was passing to pick them up and take back with him. THeir new owner was v pleased with his nearly new shoes, and I was pleased with 25 quid.

clubber
    Free Member

I have several times. It’s a cheap way to try different brands to see if they fit before buying them new.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for the replies and apologies for such a random question 🙄

I’m sure your dainty feet can’t have rendered your shoes unsaleable

Love it Dez! I wear men’s size 7 😀

I would obviously wash them and take pics but certainly the Northwave Goretex ones now retail for £100!!

Could always do my “meet a stranger in Swinley Forest car park” again!

dmiller
    Free Member

I read the subject line as shorts and got all excitied… 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

I wear men’s size 7

Same as womens size 7s arent they?!

Personally I wouldn’t buy them just because I dislike the idea of my feet sweating in a bath of an unknown persons residue. Would be fine if I knew the person and knew they weren’t horribly veruca and bacteria infested!

mrsflash
    Free Member

I wear men’s size 7

I was going to ask for pics, but too big. Oh well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Selling used cycling shoes – do folk buy them?’ is closed to new replies.