Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Selling shares
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

I need to sell some shares to reinvested elsewhere but I'm not sure of the best way of going about it.
    What I'd like to do is set a minimum share value to be sold at (which isn't far off what they now). Would a stockbroker be able to do this? We know what we want to reinvest in so I think I will only need an 'execution only' transaction too. Obviously we will look for FSA registered brokers, but any other advise would be gratefully received.
    Any idea of costs involved would be good to.

ComradeD
    Free Member

Who do you bank with?

Most banks offer a sharedealing service and the only charge around £10-£15 to buy and sell so they would be your best bet. You'll just need a share certificate to add them them to there service.
    Also most allow you to set limits on what to sell at

mcobie
    Free Member

Have a look at http://www.iii.co.uk You can set up an account easily enough and set floor and ceiling sell triggers as required. It will be cheeper than a bank or stock broker.

That said, if you want a good stock broker drop me a line an I can recommend you a couple that are top notch.

plop_pants
    Free Member

I bank with Drummonds so could contact them or might just be easier to go into a local bank as we have a paper certificate. £10-15 sounds fine.
    All our investments are registered with cofunds but I like the look of
    iii.co.uk and the possibility of being able to have easier control.
    Thanks..

allthepies
    Free Member

+1 for iii – if you want to sell your existing shares then you'll have to transfer the paper certs into their nominee acct. They have forms on the website for you to do this (need to print out, fill in and post off with certs). You can then flog the shares online.

mcobie
    Free Member

Why don't you just sell them through cofunds? It will be the easiest method by far….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Selling shares’ is closed to new replies.