Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Selling scrap gold……..where?
  • georgecats_0
    Free Member

Now we’ve left the ghetto we’ve got various bits from scrap gold to sell, where’s best to sell it please?

Markie
    Free Member

Though if you don’t want (more?) cats, my wife took a bunch of stuff to independent jeweler on out local high street and thinks she did well out of it…

joshvegas
    Free Member

Used to be ramsdens. That where my jeweller flatmate used to take his.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Gordon Brown will sell it for you.

Drop him a line c/o House of Commons London SW1.

wrecker
    Free Member

I used hatton garden metals. Best price, good service too.

jekkyl

Hardcore pawn! If you can get past that whiney bitch’s mouth.

j3w3ll3r
    Free Member

Where abouts are you?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Hang on if you can, prices have dropped off.

joeegg
    Free Member

Walk into as many ” we buy gold ” shops as you can.
    My wife managed to get the initial value more than doubled just by shopping around and haggling.She thought the first valuation was good but as soon as she said she was going try elsewhere the valuations increased dramatically.
    A friend in the scrap business said that they would have offered the best price,but you would have to find one that deals in precious metals.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Wrightyson is right there has been a dramatic drop in the value of gold in recent weeks, apparently due to fears the United States may start selling off some of their reserves to help dig themselves out of their current financial hole. Scrap prices are about 30% less than they were at the beginning of 2013. Sadly I am no expert in the commodity market (otherwise I wouldn’t be stood in an empty shop “working” on a Saturday) but I am hanging on to my scrap metals for the time being.

Keep an eye on this site

http://www.cooksongold.com/metalprices/

this is the price the jeweller you sell to will get for your scrap gold so allow a bit for their costs when they offer you a price

Billyboulders (goldsmith since 1989)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why didn’t you call yourself Billybullion ? 🙂

Cougar

He said, he doesn’t know much about stocks.

trevh
    Free Member

If your close to birmingham try the jewellery quarter hockley we got he best price there they also do it by post the best price we got was from here http://www.birminghamgoldcompany.co.uk/ If the link don’t work just type in birmingham gold company. Word of warning though if you go up you will sell the gold followed by hours of looking at all the other shops then wife will deciide to spend it all on something sparkly that she likes.

allthepies
    Free Member

You won’t get much for it though.

qwerty
    Free Member

or

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Selling scrap gold……..where?’ is closed to new replies.