Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • selling old Scottish western isles books
  • towzer

Hi

any great ideas on where I can sell mums collection of Scottish rural/old/western isles books

most are coming up on ebay, but was wondering what other options there were.

Thanks

globalti
    Free Member

There are several online sellers of old and valuable books and can’t you sell old books through Amazon as well?

There’s also a huge second hand bookshop in Alnwick station (closer to Scotland) and loads in places like Ross on Wye.

What are the books anyway?

scotroutes

List them here – I’d like a gander 🙂

bedmaker

This guy is probably the best to call if there are any you think are very rare

MacCormaig

Donald MacCormick if you don’t speak Gaelic

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

List them here – I’d like a gander

me too – and anything on the northern isles

towzer

Hi

a few below, many, many more, so will repost in winter as I think that one of my indoor hobbies will be going through her Scotland, bird and plant books

ps if anybody knows how to find out publishing info that would be handy

Island Going Robert Atkinson 1949 H Cover a bit tatty, book good
    Ajourney to the Western Islands and The journal of a tour to the Hebrides Samuel Johnson and James Boswell ? modern P
    A camera on St Kilda (1897) Richard Kearton ?3rd 1978 P vg
    The Western Isles Alasdair Alpin Macgregor 1st ed ? H No paper cover, book vg in map at back
    Harris and Lewis Francis Thompson Rev 1973 H Paper cover and book good, ex library
    Journal of a tour of the Hebrides James Boswell ? no info H No dustcover book vg
    Island Years F Frazer Darling 1948 H Cover and book very good but one spine join taped
    The Hebrides W.H.Murray Reprinted/Rev 1969 H vg
    Royal Road to the Isles (150 Years of Macbrayne shipping) Ian McCrorie ? P vgc
    West Over Sea D.D.C Puchin Mould 1999 P Vgc
    Hebridean Journey Halliday Sutherland 1947 H vgc

pps chubby bloke – not many Northern, mum was into Hebrides etc but I was born on Fair Isle and lived at Dunnet Head.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘selling old Scottish western isles books’ is closed to new replies.