Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Selling cheap cars advice…
  • z1ppy

Where to do this, that’s quick but to actually get a ‘bit’ of money for them?

Unfortunately my grandparents have both died over the last 6 months, leaving us with two old-ish Toyota Avensis’s. I know anycar.scam will give us scrap value but they both work, my gran’s having just had £250 spent on it to get it through the MOT, and what look like nearly new tyres all round (and a tasteful gold colour).
    So they will be a bargain for some-one (whose colour blind)

So where to get a quick-ish/cheap sale done?
    I’m thinking/tempted @ worst to maybe just throw them at my mechanic, and using any proceeds against my car servicing

TheFlyingOx

eBay, every time. Sold as seen, be honest, and don’t *EVER* accept any offers to end the auction early for cash cos you’ll end up doing yourself out of a couple of hundred quid (in my experience).

Also, don’t bother putting them on for a long auction either, cos people on the lookout for a cheap run about generally want one now, so only look at the “ending soon” auctions.

nickjb
    Free Member

2nd everything the flying ox said. Is almost as good as taking it to a dealer as you know exactly when you are getting the cash but you’ll get the upper end of whatever it is worth.

z1ppy

LOL, TBH why did it not occur to me… I bought my last car via ebay
    (it had failed to sell, so I contacted seller externally to ebay)

Yep had a quick look and it would seem to be the way ahead, lots of ad’s and their selling, will get the camera out and go get the car details…

Cheers guys

King-ocelot
    Free Member

eBay, wash them invest in some interior spray from poundland and take photos on a nice sunny day. I’ve sold a few now for other people. Be prepared for daft phone calls with silly offers etc… And as said above list for a few days (ideally end on a Thursday/Friday so people can arrange pick up at the weekend.) Add photos of any paperwork, and odometer, mention if it’s got all 3 keys, how long MOT and TAX, check every switch as these are questions people will ask.

Good luck with the sale 🙂

bedmaker

Gumtree worked well for my old car.

jonba
    Free Member

another vote for ebay. I put the details into we buy any car and set that as the starting point. Got twice that in the end. Plenty of offers before the end, all about £200 less than I got.

Sold a 12 year old clio for about £650. Guy just wanted something to tide him over for a few months while waiting for a new car.

Cleaned it inside and out but not amazingly well.

Tax and MOT made a big difference as people were generally going to run it for a short time so didn’t want it to fail the MOT in a few weeks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Selling cheap cars advice…’ is closed to new replies.