Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Selling car, waste of time?
  • D0NK

Just SORNed my car, had intended to flog it, just worried no one is going to buy it without a test drive but as I have no tax and very soon no insurance a test drive is going to be difficult. Not going to make a fortune from it any way, should I just keep hold of it and use as trade in next spring?
    Alternativley any sensible (cheap) options for getting it back on the road briefly for a test drive?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Personally I wouldn’t touch anything I couldn’t at least seem moving with a bargepole.

Worth checking with the insurance company to see if they could insure for a month extra or something?

D0NK

hmm maybe, will give insurance a call. I could push my luck and run the car up and down back street but not really a proper test drive is it.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

last 3 cars ive sold the buyer hasn’t test drove

sold one last night, no tax, MOT runs out on Thursday, guy poked around the engine, heard it running, poked around the bodywork, handed over cash and drove off

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yours or the roller skate?

hels
    Free Member

The wreckers will take it I would have thought ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ebay, someone will buy it.

When’s the insurance run out? It might be worth taxing and stateing i any advertt hat you’re keeping the tax disk for a refund if your feeling tight, or add it onto the car’s value.

Murray

Depends on how much you’re selling it for. I sold my last 2 motorbikes to dealers sight unseen but supplied lots of photos. Both only started it to run it up the ramp into the van.

D0NK

mine junkyard, hoping to get a reasonable amount for the rollerskate good nick, <10,000miles.

Did think of that tinas, not keeping it taxed while it’s sat on my drive unviewed tho, already on ebay, might stick it on autotrader next.

chakaping
    Free Member

ebay +1

you might get more than you expect

h4muf
    Free Member

What is it DONK?

onehundredthidiot

Insure it when you put it on the market. Then cancel when sold. Don’t they carry the normal 14 days right t change your mind?

D0NK

it’s a rather sexy toyota corolla in a fetching shade of purple, actually the DVLA (or whoever it is) consider it to be blue so I’ll go with that.

Figured I might go with the 1 day insurance people for test drives onehundredth

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Just ebay it, its surprising what sells. I think theres a lot of mechanics out there who are happy to take a risk as they can fix stuff up cheaply.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Selling car, waste of time?’ is closed to new replies.