Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Selling a Vehicle BUT forgetting to sign the declaration
  • onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Just sold a vehicle but we both genuinely forgot to sign the deceleration.

DVLA is now closed as I prefer to talk to someone.

is it a case of the Dr pepper slogan. 😳

Is this something that happens regularly?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Yep.

That’s why they fine you.

scaredypants

Is this something that happens regularly?

There’s been a slowdown of late, but I guess it’s fairly common ( 😉 )

You could email/leave message on their site, cover yr arse a bit if the car goes ram-raiding tonight. How did the buyer pay you ?

bruneep

Declare it as stolen to police 😉

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

I read that they can either fine or prosecute but it was a genuine mistake as I was keeping attention of bank transfer.
    As well as the snow started coming down heavy therefore concerned about getting back.

It’s one of those I could kick myself moments every split second since I realized whilst having lunch.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

”Declare it as stolen to police”.

It might as well be for the price he got it for 😆

BigJohn

My car decelerates without me having to sign anything.

joemacca51
    Free Member

send an email. Then ring first thing monday morning.They will ask you to send a signed and dated letter saying who you sold the car to including their name and address, and you are no longer have the car.

Same thing happend to me.

Try and get in contact with the new owner though.

steveh

Presumably you’ve already posted the form off and can’t get to it? If so as above just call on monday and send an additional letter to let them know the right details.

Kuco

I did this years ago. I rang the DVLA who told me to send what happened in writing to them, I never got fined for it but it was 20 years ago.

2 weeks later I had a police parking ticket for it so I had to explain to them what happened then a week later got a call from the police explaining it was in their impound and if I don’t pay the fee it be crushed, explained once again what happened and the officer on the other end said i’d be happy if they crush it then 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Selling a Vehicle BUT forgetting to sign the declaration’ is closed to new replies.