Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Selling a frame- advice please..
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Selling my Canfield and not had a lot of intrest so far.

It needs a new axle and the bearings refitted- which I haven’t had the time to do (so priced accordingly I think)

Is it likely that if I paid to get the bearings popped back in, and bought an axle that i’d get;

A. a quicker sale
    B. the extra outlay covered in the sale price (£30 I reckon)

Or is it just luck?

Reluctant to try Ebay as I reckon the more unique brands are less in demand/don’t get searched for so often

tomhughes46

Please don’t be offended. This is just how I think some people may perceive your add…

I saw your ad, looked out of curiosity basically. It looks great but not my size, and I’m broke! I’m sure it is exactly as you describe, but what are are selling is basically a selection of parts.

A less scrupulous seller may sell a shagged frame, and then when you build it up and it turns out to have a load of play in it, claim that this is due to poor assembly/installation and no take it back/refund it.

Selling it as a complete frame where the buyer can come run it through it its travel, or at least receive it and check it would possibly instill more confidence. Maybe you don’t need to buy the axle though? If I bought a Canfield frame I wouldn’t put Superstar bits on it…

I reckon build it, and Ebay it with Intl. shipping (Europe at least?) to widen the audience?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Thanks. Sort of confirmed what I thought- although part of me thinks its just not the right time to be selling anything!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Selling a frame- advice please..’ is closed to new replies.