Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Selling a car privately, Auto trader, ebay, Here?
  • nosemineb
    Free Member

Where gets the best response And price? I am very realistic to what its worth. Ebay has silly prices and dont look as though they sell because of this.
    Might try here first.
    Anyone used we buy any car?
    Cheers

Jamie
    Free Member

Ebay has silly prices and dont look as though they sell because of this.

Not really. A 28 day long classified ad costs £15 with no other fees. Compare that to Autotrader's prices and it is very reasonable, especially as you can pop a best offer on the ad and loads of pics.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/adformatfees.html

Edit: I think I have got the wrong end of the stick 😉

nosemineb
    Free Member

Yeah the cars are expensive not the listing price.
    The price to list a car seems good on ebay using the classified ad.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just bang it on eBay as a classified for what you think its worth and see what occurs. The webuyanycars of this world will offer you a pittance so try selling privately first.

I am selling my Fiesta next week and will be giving it a go.

spacemonkey

Depends what you're selling and how much you expect (want/need) to get for it. If it's worth £1000 then maybe try eBay, but if it's £10000+ then AT IME.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Just sold mine on autotrader. Got more than i would for a trade-in. Reasonably happy, but i might have got more if i'd tried.

dooosuk
    Free Member

How much…if the lower end of the market (which it doesn't sound like it is) then Gumtree is free and will get a reasonable audience.

More details required first though. Make/model/age etc?

Drac

Anyone used we buy any car?

I tested it on my Bora as thinking of selling. £350 without MOT and Tax, if I was to MOT and TAX it which would cost over £100 they kindly offered £450.

So think I sell it private should get get a £1k+ easily.

Jamie
    Free Member

Blimey….

2001 Fiesta 1.3/6 months tax/12 months mot/good condition with 95k I would say is worth about 900-1000.

They say:

nosemineb
    Free Member

Its a 55 plate VW golf 2.o gt fsi, its done 81k. 5 door, silver, Thinking 4000? There are quite a few scratches around and the engine light has been on for ages. Vw says if its running ok [which it is] dont worry about the light, although i expect this will seriously effect the price.
    Does 4k sound about right?

Xylene
    Free Member

Where are you located?

Get on mkiv.net or a local dub enthusiast website and find somebody who has Vag-Com who can then check why the light is on and turn it off if necessary or give you a printout to say what it is.

Alternatively, pull the dash out and disconnect the LED

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Sold several cars through Autotrader, but get the price right

1) Go to Parkers web site and look at the selling prices for your exact model and age
    2) Get Autotrader and look at what similar cars are advertised for
    3) For your type of car, look at the ads that draw you, understand why, and copy for yours
    4) Take some good photos to include in the ad

Autotrader ad prices may not be cheap, but worth it if you get more for the car

dooosuk
    Free Member

Did VW not reset the light and turn it off when they looked at it?

It's seriously going to put off any buyer (especially if you tell them it's been on for ages).

Get it turned off before sale.

rootes1

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/

sold and bought via piston heads.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Its been turned off a couple of times but then comes back on after a few days. A friend works for vw so have asked if he can remember what it is.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Selling a car privately, Auto trader, ebay, Here?’ is closed to new replies.