Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Selling a bike – best to sell before or after Christmas?
  • LenHankie

As per the title really. I’m looking to sell my bike, but unsure if now is a really bad time as people need every penny for Christmas – or will January be even worse as everyone will be skint?! I can’t really see people buying second hand bikes as presents.

Or will it make no real difference at all?

Your thoughts please?

roverpig

Personally I’d wait until spring, but that’s not really based on any evidence. It just seems that demand for bikes would be higher when the weather is better (unless it’s a specific “winter” bike).

LenHankie

It’s an 09 Orange 5. I suppose I’m just wondering if it makes a difference it being even more out of date by then…

There seem to be a lot on eBay that aren’t selling.

legend
    Free Member

Put it up for whatever you want, if you don’t get the money you want try again later. If that doesn’t work it was too expensive regardless 😉

roverpig

It’s an 09 Orange 5. I suppose I’m just wondering if it makes a difference it being even more out of date by then…

There seem to be a lot on eBay that aren’t selling.

Which would tend to suggest that it’s not a good time to sell yours.

I wouldn’t worry about it being more out of date by spring. If it’s a 2009 then a few months wont make any difference. Also the 650b hysteria might have died down a bit by then. Just after a new model is released is always a bad time to sell an older one as everybody wants the new one. But if you wait a while then you usually find the first negative reports surface and people start to take a more balanced view.

LenHankie

Good points Roverpig. I’ll enjoy it a while longer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Selling a bike – best to sell before or after Christmas?’ is closed to new replies.