• This topic has 12 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by aw.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sell, keep or break?
  • aw
    Free Member

I have a 2007 kona unit 2-9er 16' frame which I have tried to sell several times. I bought it in 2008 new at about £580 I think. normal RRP was £700.

I first tried to sell it at £500 about a year later but as I realise now probably over priced 🙂

Been dropping the price ever since £400, £350 and eBay reserve price recently only £300. I do not want to give the bike away but I have 5 and this is the one that has to go as it is too similar to my old Kona cindercone converted SS 97 (26 wheel). Both are fully rigid BTW.

I could break it for parts and upgrade the old cone (obviously not the wheels) and try and sell parts left over, frame and wheels separately?

What do people think?

Please see below for a picture of the two bikes (the puncture has been fixed and yes the chain is slack on the cone only because the tensioner was broke – now changed)

firestarter
    Free Member

if i wasnt broke id love to buy it 🙁

aw
    Free Member

well make me an offer…you never know!

firestarter
    Free Member

when i say broke i mean broke lol dont even think ive any bits to swap really 🙁

psychle
    Free Member

how about a cheeky £200 plus carriage? 🙂 or I could collect from you in Kent? How tall are you btw?

aw
    Free Member

I am 5 10 tall….not sure I want to sell for only £200?

psychle
    Free Member

'twas just a thought 🙂 I probably can't stretch to £300 though… the wife might kill me (as it is I'd have to hide this one for a while! 🙄 ) Would be interesting to give a 29'er a go though… drop me an email to have a chat if you like 🙂

mocha
    Free Member

shouldn't this be in classifieds? 😉

psychle
    Free Member

aw… let me know what you're thinking, could be quite keen on this for the right price (for us both 🙂 )

aw
    Free Member

well I didn't put on here with the express view to sell but to see if people could advise me of my options especially the break option (and sell the reminder).

£300 would be the absolute minimum and I must admit I would be loath to sell it at that considering in one year I would be getting less than half original price.

aw
    Free Member

Psyche, I don't know if you re still looking at this post but events have changed and I might consider accepting £300.

There I one other fault with the bike, the crank came off the spline and the retaining end cap has unscrewed itself. This has a torque setting and it looks like the thread has stripped so I/you would need to get a replacement. Not sure where we could source this. I would not accept a further price reduction for this BTW 😉

Ti29er
    Free Member

What did you decide in the end?
    What kit is on the Kona if you're still you're selling?

aw
    Free Member

I am still selling…

The kona has Easton bars and seat post.
    P2 forks ( obviously)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sell, keep or break?’ is closed to new replies.