Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Selkirk Merida – New Routes
  • Smee
    Free Member

The new 85km route is fantastic, cant think of a better route in the borders, both scenery and riding wise. It'll be a bit brutal but well worth the entry fee.

singlespeedstu

So is the 85K route the long one then?

How's it different to past years?

Smee
    Free Member

The 85km route is indeed the longest one. It starts off going up a couple of different climbs and descents before it gets to yair amongst others. So it will be very different.

I'll show you when you are up.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Are the other routes different to?

singlespeedstu

I take it from that that you'll be free to show us round a bit then?

Smee
    Free Member

Should be.

Daisy_Duke – apparently so.

Pippalarge
    Free Member

Does the 85 still include the first 3 climbs from the last couple of years? The one from Inners to the top of Minch Moor is brutal after 60km or so of riding…

Stu

Guestimate of the 85km route, compiled from their website and gps of last few years course, though I'm missing 10km or so from somewhere (ie its probably a bit wrong).

Main points are the 1st two climbs are new and doubletrack mostly to spread out the fields and the last long steep fireroad is no more. Though it sounds like there is a sting in the tail on the final 85km route climb. Should be lots of fun!

clareymorris

Can't wait – it's my fave!

singlespeedstu

clareymorris – Member

Can't wait – it's my fave!

Me too.

Should be even betterer this year as I've not got any broken ribs to contend with.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Looks like fun can't wait to burn it up with the EX8

JohnClimber
    Free Member

See you there

Smee
    Free Member

Stu's route seems about right, but there will be a fair bit of singletrack in the Yarrow valley too – which is where the extra will come from.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Stu any chance you can upload your route for this year on to the MapMyRide site as before please?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Nice one – am looking forward to it. Bit unsure whether to take the full susser or the jey hardtail though.

Smee
    Free Member

Anyone Singlespeeding this one?

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Any idea what the trails are like after this weeks mixed bag of weather?

Nezbo
    Free Member

I SS it 2 years ago, but not this year 😉

Looking forward to it :D, my first merida this year, and missed them all last year :'(

so are we saying the course is easyer this year or harder?

trail_rat
    Free Member

as you know smee … unless a certain bike company give me a bike ill be relegated to my rig like the good ole days ! best take the 32:16 off – looks to be a 32:20 affair if george doesnt talk shite

JohnClimber
    Free Member

JohnClimber – Member
    Stu any chance you can upload your route for this year on to the MapMyRide site as before please?

Any chance of the upload?

Top.Dog
    Free Member

duchess drive is bomb proof, and no amount of rain is going to make it muddy.

the climb from yarrowford red hall to top field is as slippery as a teflon coated weasle after the enduro race over the weekend.
    the rest of the minchmoor road climb is hard, if a little overgrown. i'm sure there will be a 6' wide trail by the time i get there.

If they're going to use the endure descent as the above map suggests, it's going to be slippery too, as the enduros were ripping it to shreds saturday and sunday.

also no traquair xc this year? i think not.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Selkirk Merida – New Routes’ is closed to new replies.