Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Selkirk Merida changes.
  • Xan
    Free Member

Might be old news to some of you but they have made some changes to the course.

So, to summarise……here the 4 MTB courses on offer

28km: Similar to last year but slightly more climbing and more singletrack. Top quality from start to finish and just right for novices or those on the way back to fitness.

45Km: Mostly new apart from the Yair loop and a big improvement on the previous route. Easy gradients on the way up and some brilliant descending.

70Km: Same as the new 50’ with the addition of a spin out to Elibank Forest and back. Maybe not the classic 70’ of old but includes some great new trail early on, the best of the natural forest singletrack from last years’ route and a tough finish on sheep paths and fast tracks.

85Km: This is a topper. Three new climbs, three new descents, plenty of twin-track in the first hour or so and a choice selection of the Borders’ best natural and purpose-built trails.

Link attached]

http://www.mtb-marathon.co.uk/home/news1.php#200914

Looking forward to his. Doing the 50km myself. Hoping I manage as I am only a few days recovered from swine flu.

For anyone that is competing see you all there and good luck!!!

Stu

Yep old news:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/selkirk-merida-new-routes

Vague map of probable 85km route:

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Is there a map of the sportive to, not just a profile?

Stu

No maps from them – but you could probably put one together from the course description as I did for the mtb route.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

For those in the know please can you let us know just how muddy will the the 85km route be if this fantastic weather carries on?

Do we need full on mud tyres or will the new route be more fire road?

Ta

Dougal
    Free Member

One section will be a bit muddy, but it's still semi-slick for the win on the back.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

No way to semi slicks 😯

Smee
    Free Member

Teflon coated weasles will be in plentiful supply. The sportive maps are ont the site too. Long one takes in some draggy and lumpy roads.

Stu

Sportive maps are here (bottom of the page).

Shred
    Free Member

I'm running Maxxis Crossmark XC on my 29er which I am hoping will be ok. I have some MudXs I can put on, but would prefer to use the Crossmarks. Hopefully it won't be as bad as last year!!!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Just fitted a mud x to the back of mine and it was slipping all over the wet rocks of Llandegla in the rain today. I may risk something else on the back for Sunday

Smee
    Free Member

Racing ralph is going on the back of mine. Nobby nic up front. Might go for a semi slick if it stays dry.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

To RR the back again or not?

Stu

I concur with Zoo Fighter, lot of road and hard packed gravel tracks on the route so you don't really need a mud tyre.

singlespeedstu

All this "what tyres talk"

You guys planning on winning or something….. 😉

JohnClimber
    Free Member

singlespeedstu – Member
    All this "what tyres talk"

You guys planning on winning or something…..

Good point Stu, see you up there but I'm sorry to let the side down as I've got gears on for this so called "summer"

Smee
    Free Member

I'm just planning on making it as easy as possible. I'll not be going anywhere fast on sunday after saturdays effort.

Moomin
    Free Member

conti vert on the back and maxxis ignitor on the front because thats whats on the bike 😉

singlespeedstu

Not sure what tyres i'll be using. The bike i'll be on is at the bottom of the pile in the garage and I can't remember what it's got on.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Kenda Nevegals after my slippy wood adventure today. They are good all round tyres but will be happy in a sub 7 hour time 😆

First time doing the distance on an MTB so will be fun.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Selkirk Merida changes.’ is closed to new replies.