Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Selkirk CRC Marathon yesterday
  • radoggair
    Free Member

radoggair – Blue top. Did you ride back or get a lift?

cruised back on the road.
    Was at finish line, think you done well getting about 7th or 8th. Nick craig was just a machine being about 10 minutes ahead of Neal Crampton.
    Next year hopefully i'll do alot better

jonb
    Free Member

Do you know what was the fastest time for the full distance was?

How did you get on in the sportive, did you manage 20mph average?

keavo
    Free Member

nick craig was under 4 hours. i heard him being interviewed at around 1:50 pm. i think.

Pippalarge
    Free Member

Nick Craig finished in 3:47 i was told. The rest of us may as well give up…

RepacK
    Free Member

Yeah & hes over 45 as well..Still, gives hope!

keavo
    Free Member

he's a bit younger than me and i'm 42. i remember last time i did it '07…
    i did the 53k he did the 88k and he caught me on the last climb going like a train. clearly, if i hadn't stopped at 3 feed stations he would have been miles behind:-)

br
    Free Member

he's a bit younger than me and i'm 42

We saw him yesterday at Glentress – if he's younger than 42, the effort on Sunday must have put years on him!

radoggair
    Free Member

How did you get on in the sportive, did you manage 20mph average?

We got a 4hrs 45 mins time, when considering the hills involved and the massive head wind, was quite impressive. We ended up waiting for people along the way that we caught and joined in our group but everytime there was climbing we would drop them, but we decided it may be better in the long run to hold off and wait for them. Eventually though we had to leave these riders and just keep on at our pace. This happened with 4 different riders who we had caught up with and joined us and turned out to be good on the flats but on the climbs suffered a bit. Prob cost us about 10-15 mins overall waiting on them. Still, was a good day out and the pace we were going at along St Marys loch was incredible. Think we were averaging about 28-29mph along that road.

radoggair
    Free Member

P.s. Nick Craig is 41

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Sportive pics are now available at http://www.rightplacerighttime.co.uk.

I've just about finished sorting/tweaking the CRC pics and am about to upload them to the server before I tag them with rider numbers. In the meantime I've put a small selection on my facebook page

younggeoff

Has the course shortened when I did it in 2006 (I think it was 91K)

Merlin
    Free Member

My first Endurance event. Did the 70KM in about 6 hours 30 mins. Found the downhill sections quite technical for me and had to get of and push on some bits. Only started mountain biking seriously again three months a go so was but was very disappointed with the time. Run 3 running marathons so didn't find the fitness side too bad.

Thinking of doing the Grassington event next year as looking at the ascent/descent looks like it is not as technical as Selkirk. Anyone who did the Grassington event this year would you agree with that?

crazy-legs

How did you get on in the sportive

The Sportive is getting a right slagging over on cyclosport.org, people saying there were no feed stations until the 70 mile mark?! Poorly waymarked, not marshalled, no electronic timing etc etc…

Was that really the case? I've only ever done the MTB event (always a cracking course that one) but the Sportive route looked good – just wondered if it was a much poorer relation to the MTB event or if people were complaining unnecessarily?

radoggair
    Free Member

The Sportive is getting a right slagging over on cyclosport.org, people saying there were no feed stations until the 70 mile mark?! Poorly waymarked, not marshalled, no electronic timing etc etc…

Well, it was marshalled, not fantastically but the course was well signposted. There was no electronic timing, but the system they used (same as Sunday, i.e. they took your number when you left and got it as you came in again) worked fine. The course was actually really good itself. The feeding stations is my only gripe really. The first one wasn't set up in time and the van actually came up behind us on the road, beeped a few times, signalled that they were the feeding station but by then i was 50 or so metres head of them so wasn't gonna turn back, nor did i need to. Therefore there only ended up being 1 feed station around the 80 mile mark instead of 3 or 4 that were there last year. That distance didn't bother me, i was prepped up for the full distance but i could see how it would annoy others. Not as well organised as last year but still enjoyed it nonetheless

daveb
    Free Member

Did the full thing in 5 hrs 51 mins and was very happy at that. Struggled on the Inners climb but after that was all good. Good chat with quite a few people which always helps.

Great day out and glad I missed that rain.

Shred
    Free Member

I enjoyed the sportive, but then I only did the short route. But, the water thing is inexcusable. Even only having 2 water stops is not enough, and then a lot of people didn't get the first one. If it had been a hot day it would have been much worse. I know most roadies have some fascination with trying to ride on a minimal amount of water, but I like to actually stay properly hydrated.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Pics of both events now available at rightplacerighttime.co.uk all searchable by rider number

br
    Free Member

I realise that its probably me, but I can't find the results – can anyone point me in the right direction please…

Suburbanlife
    Free Member

br – all the results, including Selkirk are at the link below:

http://www.mtb-marathon.co.uk/results/results.php

br
    Free Member

Thanks, although this 'can't be seen to be racing on public routes crap' its starting to hack me off how, as I can't see how good/bad I'm doing.

gazza100

Filter out the distance you competed in and then sort by rider time. Gives you an adea where you finished.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Selkirk CRC Marathon yesterday’ is closed to new replies.