Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Self indulgent "my new build" thread….but it's shiny so I have to show you!
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Ok so ignore the uncut steerer and gear cables – it’s now finished honest

mikey74
    Free Member

Very nice bike, but the front end is hideous…. sorry.

Bregante

I’ve changed my mind now. Think I prefer the Raw 😉

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

your path looks like a technical challenge

robdob
    Free Member

I have to agree that front end looks like it’s been snapped and re welded back together, badly.

Oh and sort that path out, have you no pride??

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Yeah I know the cables need tidying!

What else is hideous about the front end?!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I don’t own the path!!

mikey74
    Free Member

I wasn’t talking about the cables: I was talking about the disaster of the top-tube. It looks like it’s got a nasty growth on it 😉

As I said, very nice bike though. I bet it rides fantastically.

rOcKeTdOg

intenseropeyreignrider now?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Ah I see! Yes, an acquired taste are Intense!

The only issue is the fork – got the 170mm lyrik at a good price but need to spacer it down to 150/160mm ish

Not even so much as got it’s tyres dirty yet!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Yeah, can you change your name on here?

mikey74
    Free Member

Yes, the perils of hydro-forming: They spend so much time wondering if they can. They don’t stop and think whether they should 8)

Quite envious of those forks: They would be perfect on my Banshee.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Your bush needs trimming into the shape of a penis

TheSwede
    Free Member

Mine is two rides old but looks 5 years old. No shiny shiny hear but big smiles to ride. Front end bulge doesn’t look quite so bulbous without the paint don’t you think. Now with upy downy post too. happy days.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Ooh, a nekid one! Nice !

TheSwede
    Free Member

What size is your frame Ropey? Looks like a large.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Yep tis a Large.

2010 model with ahem ‘revised’ rear triangle and ISGC mounts.
    2010 Rockshox Lyrik Solo Air DH 170mm
    XT cranks and things
    Hope hoops
    Mish mash of Thomson , Easton and er Tioga for finishing kit
    Brakes are roper old Hayes (soon to be replaced)

You probably don’t care about all that but hey ho! 🙂

TheSwede
    Free Member

Nope 😉 Have you noticed the clearance between the iscg’s and your granny ring bolts. I know chain device bolts are usually countersunk but even so. It’s tight in there. My only slight niggle on what seams to be a confidence inspiring push handle.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Very nice.

And there is a good chance it won’t suffer catastrophic metal failure before that ‘£10 for a pair at all good motorway service stations folding chair’ it’s propped up against.

No seriously it’s very cool. Is the frame warrantied/designed for 170mm forks or is that why you need to reduce their travel?

mamadirt
    Free Member

It’s lovely – that’s a proper front end that is!! 8)

audiophile
    Free Member

Really very nice you lucky, lucky bastard. What’s the saddle? I think I want one. Good weather this weekend apparently, hope you enjoy the test ride.

juiced
    Free Member

looks nice. just need’s chain stay guard.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Re warrantied for 170mm – it’s a bit of a grey area! Whilst posting on mtbr about what forks to choose for it I received a private message from the Intense customer service guy ( johnie?).

He told me that he runs fox 36 talas in 180/140mm mode and suggested I try it!

Having said that the official line is 160mm; I want to reduce them down to that anyway as it’s a bit much for occasional jaunts to trail centres etc ( obviously over-biked for such places but 160 feels a bit more sensible!)

Re saddle – er its a ti railed WTB jobbie but can’t remember which – one of the racier ones anyway!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Re ISGC mounts – yep I noticed that there’s naff all clearance too!

I’ve not yet tried to fit a chain device but imagine it’ll be a “challenge” !

dans160
    Free Member

I think it looks fantastic and yar boo sucks to the heathens that don’t like the front end.

duntstick
    Free Member

What’s it like in comparison to the Reign. Have they sorted out the flex issue that I read about?
    They look great 🙂

Curly68
    Free Member

Nice colour, same as mine! I am a fairly big bloke at just over 6ft and 16 stone and not noticed any flex. I love mine to bits, does everything and more that I want it to.
    Hope you enjoy it as well.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I’ve not even ridden it yet 🙁

I’ve got man-flu and haven’t so much got it’s tyres dirty!

Re comparison with the reign; I haven’t ridden one for a good while as sold it nearly two years ago and bought a secondhand foes which turned out to be a mistake .

The foes was heavy, overdamped and for some reason way too short for me despite being roughly the same geometry as reign!

I only actually rode the foes about ten times and was on my voodoo wants hardtail until that got nicked, and then on various borrowed bikes until now!

(sorry no-one asked for my bike history!)

Btw is it possible to change your name on here?!

dans160
    Free Member

The only time I ever noticed flex on my tracer was landing jumps, badly. Even then it was only slight and never enough for me to worry about.

undapressure
    Free Member

Think you need to run an MRP G2 chain device, it tells you in the FAQ’s on the Intense website.

Mine has just finished being pimped so will share it soon 🙂

albino
    Free Member

Nie bikes…Just picked up mine on Friday. 2009 frame but unused and built up with XT groupset – currently in a more XC guise but may look at changing things around over time. Spent some time getting it set up and had the first blast on it yesterday. Loved every minute of it! Very responsive on the climbs and seriously grin enducing on the downs!
    Crap pic – more to follow.

@Theswede – What size Lizardskin did you go for?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Albino – that looks very nice!

I was torn between the works red and works raw..

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Self indulgent "my new build" thread….but it's shiny so I have to show you!’ is closed to new replies.