• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by GW.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sektor/Rev parts swopping
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Could I;

Take the uppers and internals from some 2011 Sektor U-turn (150mm model) and run them in some 2010 Rev Dual Air (150mm) lowers?

Then put the other parts back together, and have two sets of working forks?

GW
    Free Member

probably

it’s do-able with Pikes/Revs..

Check the upper legs are the same length first.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Anyone else?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

They are different,thats what Tftuned told me,Something to do with Negative springs.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

The lowers are different and won’t work you mean?

J0N
    Free Member

I believe that air and coil legs are different but are the damper legs different? For example could I replace turn key or MoCo damper for a black box MoCo damper to give a superior damped 150mm coil fork?

BadlyWiredDog

The Sektor incorporates a negative spring on the rebound damper assembly rather than in the coil side, so you can’t – as I understand it – simply stick the coil from a Sektor in a Revelation and benefit from the Rev’s Dual Flow rebound gubbins.

Next, I think the problem with putting the Dual Air, none-U-turn internals in the Sektor may be that the inside of the Revelation uppers is anodised or polished, so the seals works properly, but the inside of the Sektor isn’t, so might not work.

I’m not sure why you’d want to do this swap anyway, the only point I can see is getting better, Revelation damping with the Coil U-Turn assembly, which is what I wanted to do, but otherwise the chassis for both forks is pretty similar, so swapping both damper and spring sides over at the same time, doesn’t achieve much bar different stickers and colours?

The Sektor’s pretty good as stock, I suspect at some point, PUSH’ll do an upgrade for it.

Anyway, that’s how I understand it, if that’s any help.

BadlyWiredDog

For example could I replace turn key or MoCo damper for a black box MoCo damper to give a superior damped 150mm coil fork?

I think you might be able to, but I’m not sure – the MoCo out of a Sektor is an inch or so shorter than a Pike one and you have to think that there’s a reason for that, like a lack of clearance, so I guess that might also apply to the Blackbox damper assembly. As above, the negative spring for the coil on the Sektor is part of the rebound assembly. If you fit a Revelation rebound damper, you won’t have a negative spring.

I asked about this on mtbr a few weeks back by the way, had some quite helpful answers if you want to take a look over there.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Simple- I’ve got a set of Bback Revs, and a set of white Sektors.

I want the longer steerer off the Sektors with the Rev lowers 🙂

orange
    Free Member

Take the uppers and internals from some 2011 Sektor U-turn (150mm model) and run them in some 2010 Rev Dual Air (150mm) lowers?

Then put the other parts back together, and have two sets of working forks?

wouldn’t leaving the sektor bits with the sekor lowers and the same with the rev’s = two sets of forks as well 😉

orange
    Free Member

ah! now he explains it…

GW
    Free Member

I want the longer steerer off the Sektors with the Rev lowers

big hammer? 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sektor/Rev parts swopping’ is closed to new replies.