• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hora.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Seiko fans- Best place to buy a Seiko Pepsi automatic watch?
  • hora
    Free Member

Quite like the look of them but pricewise they are about £130? new? Anywhere cheaper and are there many variations?

ourmaninthenorth

Creation Watches is the standard answer for the 007 and 009. Only real variations AFAIK are straps/bracelets.

dbcooper
    Free Member

Indeed creation are a bargain at 132 for the Japanese version!
    pepsi

I paid 170 from yorkshire watches 2 years ago.

Is creation UK based?

Expect 20-30 quid mroe for a steel strap.

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

I’m curious as to.what the difference is with a Japanese version ? Surely the time is exactly the same if a little mis placed ?

packer
    Free Member

Creation Watches are based in Singapore I think. They deliver to the UK very quickly though.

The Japanese version has Japan written on the dial, and is supposedly made in Japan (I say supposedly because apparently “made in japan” actually means something like “there was a Japanese citizen present within a mile of the factory at which this was made, which was not in Japan”).

dbcooper
    Free Member

exactly. The J makes old watches worth more, so people think new ones should have it too. It is a delusion that worked on me and cost me an extra 20 quid or something..
    But then if you were immune to all this branding, posing and bullshit you would just buy a 5.99 Al Qaiedi casio right?

bobgarrod
    Free Member

I’ve used these before http://www.watchhubs.net/ – good service/fast delivery – no import charges were made (underdeclared value ? – can’t remember)

billyboulders
    Free Member

Yep as above Creation is the standard answer. Their watches are genuine but grey market (believe it or not fake Seikos exist) being grey market you don’t get a seiko warranty either, but creation do give their own warranty. The watches come from Singapore so you may have to pay duties, though Creation are -er, creative with what they write on the customs form.
    The difference between “J” and “K” models are purely cosmetic. You get “Made in Japan” under the 6/7 indices and “21 Jewels” under the “Divers 200m” print on the dial on “J” models. If you want these details pay the extra few quid. There’s no difference in the quality of the watches. The numbers after the “J” or “K” identify which type of bracelet/strap is fitted.

dbcooper
    Free Member

K means made in not Japan-singapore, malaysia and korea I think.
    J Means made in Japan

I imagine the quality is exactly the same.

jp-t853

Regarding the J&K dials I have noticed that K watches keep better time than the J ones I have bought. Lots of people claim that the quality of the J dial is better but I have never had two watches the same in both types to compare.

For this watch I would save the money and get the K. And yes Creation is good.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I got my seiko automatic from here Seiya

beanum

Creation aren’t the only ones to be creative with tax declarations…. I ordered my Seiko 007 from Yorkshire Watches via Amazon. It was delivered to Switzerland with the description “Sporting accessory”.. 😀

Didn’t cost me a centime in tax…Yay!

ourmaninthenorth

monkeychild – good call (I got both my Seiko JDM autos from Seiya). However, he doesn’t sell the 007/009.

Googling the various watch forums (more obsessive places you couldn’t wish to visit), it seems Creation is a pretty good bet.

Jakester
    Free Member

Damn you all. Just bought one as a direct result of this thread. I hope you’re all pleased with yourselves.

hora
    Free Member

Whats the widest dial? Abit worried as I have thick wrists. My 1991 Tag F1 looks like a girls watch on my wrist. My Momentum Deep Six looks ‘ok’.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Seiko fans- Best place to buy a Seiko Pepsi automatic watch?’ is closed to new replies.