• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Seen Idiet what about shift diet?
  • scotchegg
    Free Member

Having started a job that requires shifts 9 years ago I have progessively piled on weight.

Is there anything out there that would cater for us nightstalkers?

2 days 2 lates and 2 nights.

I am 13.2 stone and 5’10” I dropped 1 stone last year with twatkins but you can’t exist on that diet in the real world. We all need beer….

There are bad carbs and good carbs. Can any one of you learned STW’ers enlighten me?

I was once the juvenile member who could eat crap all day long and laugh at fatties. Now I am one with bitch tits….

jota180
    Free Member

I dunno,

I’m with you on the beer thing but too much is not going to help
    Try stopping eating bread, pastry, pasta and anything sweet for a while and see if that starts you losing weight

I was once the juvenile member who could eat crap all day long and laugh at fatties

We all were 🙂

Keva
    Free Member

from one of idave’s posts on another thread >

couple of vids to watch on here
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/features/article/-/13058226/fitzys-sugar-coating/

good carbs are low GI bad carbs are high GI

plus prepare meals and take them to work with you so you don’t have to nip down the shops for monkeysweetfatsnack food.

Kev

Solo
    Free Member

There are bad carbs and good carbs

There are certainly different forms of carbohydrate.
    But in the end, I think your body will convert all of them to glucose.

Then, as I have learnt, if you don’t use that glucose.
    It will be converted to glycogen and stored in your muscles.
    If there isn’t any capacity there.
    Then it becomes body fat which, amongst other places, will be stoed under the skin, making us appear Fat.
    Bit of a simplistic explaination, but sufficient, I hope.

As you refer to the iDave diet.
    Then you will know, that iDave suggests you remove certain food items from your diet, which contain processed and / or “white” carbohydrates.
    Such as those found in bread, pasta, rice, etc.

Of course, those food items have been exactly what people have been eating and perhaps, been getting too heavy on that kind of a diet.

So then the questions arise, what shall I eat instead ?.

In which case, track down some iDave diet recipe threads.
    Keep an eye on Bagstard.
    He seems to be doing really well on finding iDave compliant recipes.
    AnotherdeadHero has compiled a iDave recipe document.

Just collect the info, and get busy in the kitchen.

I would hope this wouldn’t be effected by your shift pattern ?.
    But in the end, a certain degree of effot is required and once you get into the habit, and learn to prepare low GI food, sometimes in larger quantities, to be consumed later.
    It all gets easier.

If you want a copy of the iDave Diet, e-mail me and I ‘ll send a copy.

MSP

I worked the 2 2 2 shift rotation for about 18months, absolutely ripped my life apart, its the most hateful shift pattern possible and should be made illegal, I just don’t think the human body can operate properly changing sleep patterns that frequently.

Really I absolutely believe that that shift pattern will destroy health far more than the very worst of diets, or smoking, or playing with the oncoming traffic in the fast lane of the motorway.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Seen Idiet what about shift diet?’ is closed to new replies.