Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Seen any good deals on big (L/XL/20"/21") full sus frames?
  • clubber
    Free Member

Having broken mine, anyone seen any good deals on full sus XC frames in the bigger sizes? £400 or less, ideally more in the region of £200-£300.

I've checked the usual suspects (CRC, Wiggle, Merlin, Rutland, Evans) with no luck.

Thanks

v10
    Free Member

Weve got a 20" 08 Dawg Supreme thats seen some very light use going as a frame only. Owned by one of our directors and he only rode it round rutland water! Will come with full warranty and its up at £450.

Not much FS at that price really. Got some L/XL 2009 Spark 40 frames which we can do for £650 also but these might be out of budget.

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks but over what I have spare and the Dawg's a bit AM orientated for me.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I've got a swingarm from a Cannondale Rush, find the right size front half and I'll do a deal.

;o)

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks 😉

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

*points and laughs at chubber*

😉

Seriously, shouldn't you be thinking of somethign more AM-orientated? They might snap a bit less. No need to put DH kit or coil sus on it.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Not in your budget range but Check out JE James – had some Trance X frames on there for £700 last week and they had 20" in stock, a bit of a bargain. I've not seen any large frames on great offers – they're usually special order at full RRP when I want something!

clubber
    Free Member

Maybe but I just don't really want the way they ride – my Enduro is just that but I prefer a shorter travel, more responsive frame really…

That's why I always buy cheap – the RM only cost me £60 so much as I'm disappointed it's not like I've broken the bank.

chubber

You'll be walking to/from Afan this weekend there's any more of that 😉

Besides I'd be very cautious with comment like that while standing in your glass conservatory 😉

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

hey, I'm a reet chubby git right now. Got me a lovely pot belly 🙂

Want to see how uch the stumpy goes for:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Specialized-Stumpjumper-Expert-120-Frame-Large_W0QQitemZ220563876637QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item335aa1ab1d

Seems to be chuff all going in L/XL at the mo …

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Aceness – you won't break this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Turner-RFX-Hope-Headset-Thompson-Seatpost_W0QQitemZ130369682303QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item1e5aa37b7f

Horst, so it'll climb OK, especially if you swap the coil for a platform air.

clubber
    Free Member

We can compare on the weekend then 🙂

Really though, you all skinny last year and the year before was just wrong. A bit like Brian Blessed turning into a male model.

BoardinBob

A wee bit more money/ travel than you're probably looking for but still

http://www.bikeoutlet.co.uk/products/Iron_Horse_MKIII_Sport_Mk3_2008-604-12.html

Buy it, and sell the bits off that you don't want and stick a better fork on

clubber
    Free Member

My enduro is horst with platform air – just too much travel for how I like riding really.

clubber
    Free Member

LOL – I just found that RM hardtail that's constantly being advertised here!

http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1032323345/58cba9a7.html

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

he he :o)

thatscold
    Free Member

Aceness – you won't break this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Turner-RFX-Hope-Headset-Thompson-Seatpost_W0QQitemZ130369682303QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR?hash=item1e5aa37b7f

Horst, so it'll climb OK, especially if you swap the coil for a platform air.
    I'm after a large all mountain frame. Is this any good? It looks rather old.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

As a 5-spot owner, I'm baised. They're ace. I'd guess that RFX is an 04/05 model. For the money he wants, pimpin'.

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks 😉

vinnyeh

New Titus RX-1 at jenson is £387, 60% off, in XL + £30 shipping. Possibly a bit much, but I reckon <£500 with taxes.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

he he. I was looking on some german sites for you, but found nowt. There just dosn't seem to be anything going cheap at the mo 🙄

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks anyway… see my other thread…

Megatron

I want to sell my XL Enduro frame… it's 2004 one so a bit less travel and more xc than the recent ones.
    It's got pikes and a CK headset at the moment.

obirobkeno
    Free Member

I've got a 2004 Cannondale Jekyll 600, PUSH'd Fox Float RL, new reducer headset and a pocket-full of frame-bits (cable stops etc.) going… I'm only looking for £130… I've got pics at the ready. E-mail in profile.

clubber
    Free Member

Megatron – thanks but I've actually already got one of those – tbh it's a bit squidgy for me though great fun.

obirobkeno – not maybe exactly what I had in mind but pics please – no email in your profile

Megatron

thought it might be the case.
    I've not used mine much in the last 2 years, so if someone else does want an xl enduro frame…

acorlett

Apologies for brief post hijack, but how much are you after Megatron?

acorlett

obirobkeno – if clubber doesn't want the Jekyll frame, would be interested in pics of it, too. Email in profile. Ta.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member
    Megatron

acorlett – hadn't really thought about it! I've got the frame/fork/headset as one at the moment, willing to sell that as a unit, or split if you just want the frame…
    I also have a Thomson post to go with the frame, and an LX front mec if you would like those as well??
    I've just had a look through the classifieds and the frames seem to be going for around £200 posted?? is that ok

Let me know (mjc113 at hotmail dot com), and I can sort out pics!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Seen any good deals on big (L/XL/20"/21") full sus frames?’ is closed to new replies.