Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • See ya (SO content)
  • onehundredthidiot

After 5 years the other half has decided she now wants to travel the world and explore but without me.
    Only a month ago she was the happiest she’s ever been, with me and the dog, and we were thinking of relocating to Spain or France if i could get a job.
    Now it’s “i don’t know what want” and “i need to be true to myself”

So brilliant, 41 with dog, 2 failed marriages and another failed long term relationship and i’m meant to be racing on Saturday.

Feeling a bit mopey. Anyone fancy buying me a pint?

Houns

Crap news, but clearly she’s a numpty for saying ‘being true to myself’. I meant wtf is that meant to mean, crap saying. Get drunk and go to a strip club

scaredypants

sorry to hear that 🙁

What do you want? Are you being true to yourself?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

better now than after you relocated.

Don’t be nasty tempting tho it is. Leave her a way back – and go and get drunk.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There’s a pint behind the bar at my local for you.

It WILL get better, but sorry to hear it – you sound disappointed.

donsimon
    Free Member

Bummer.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but clearly she’s a numpty for saying ‘being true to myself’.

does slagging off the woman he loves really help ?

and go and get drunk.

probably the most stupid advice ever 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

probably the most stupid advice ever

Probably not.

donsimon
    Free Member

and go and get drunk.

Go get drunk is not the same as become an alcoholic!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

“go get drunk” helps some people in a situation like this, but it doesn’t help others.
    better advice would be “do what you want to do”. unless, of course, that would land you in prison. or dead.

julianwilson
    Free Member

To be fair, the first 2 bits of TJ’s advice are absolutely spot on. About the most sensible I’ve seen him in a couple of weeks 😆

yunki
    Free Member

getting drunk is ace advice..
    simon is just a fanatical puritan..

sobriety
    Free Member

Now it’s “i don’t know what want” and “i need to be true to myself”

I heard all that in Feb/March/April, she moved out last weekend after 7 years together, and six months after buying a house. Since I now have loads more time on my hands, where are you based, fancy going fo a ride?

onehundredthidiot

Edinburgh.
    Going for a pint or two and a blether with a mate hope the rain stays off so the dog can sit outside.

Still means the mutt’ll see the tops of more munros and a lot more of the mtb. Not that that’s any concilation.

anokdale
    Free Member

Bollox, Bollox and Bollox i agree with TJ,

Pint waiting for you mate.

frogger
    Free Member

Turn the tables, tell her you were kind of thinking it’s time for a break and actually glad she brought it up. Offer to help her pack and see what happens. 😀

sc-xc

Edinburgh? Go for a beer with TJ and Al. Things won’t seem so bad then.

nonk
    Free Member

at times such as this i like to get drunk while riding my bike.

rustler
    Free Member

Why not go ahead & relocate anyway, or at least for a year or so.

Hey, think yourself lucky, my 30 yr old ex was carrying on with a 16yr old in my bed while I was at work.
    What hurt most was finding out she had let him ride my bike on one of their romantic get togethers.
    So smitten was she that she walked away with just the clothes on her back, I got the house with £45k of equity in it.
    🙂
    She eventually dumped him, minus about £3k in savings.

Stay happy mate.

ononeorange

Best wishes onehundredthidiot. A long way away but will have a beer for you.

It will get better. Been in almost exactly the same spot.

sobriety
    Free Member

I’m in Nottingham, ah well. At least you have hills, all i’ve got is sink estates and disused coal mines!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Know the feeling, i was engaged and had effectively the same conversation.
    It’s not good and having been through it before you know it’ll hurt for a while, but, you also know it’s not the end of your life.

Keep your mates close and keep yourself busy.

This too will pass mate.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Women? I have never understood them.

I got dumped in 1995 and had no SO since.

You’ve got a bike and trails, what’s the problem?

onehundredthidiot

Funnily enough my favourite sayings include:

This too will pass
    and
    nunc est bidendum

Still proper down in the mouth.
    Irony is i was about to ask her to marry me.

toys19
    Free Member

Hmm just be thankful there are no kids. I couldnt leave now even if I really wanted too. Would die rather than leave my babies.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Get yer Arse to the Quantocks for a stw weekend

no excuse not to eh

get riding believe me it helps

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Actually that is quite a good STW slogan cum Charlie-the-bike-minger sticker: B0ll0x, I agree with TJ!

“Irony is i was about to ask her to marry me”

Is it possible she knows this, and it’s why she’s gone “funny”?

As this point, what is there to lose from talking about it? [Apart from all your dignity]. Will you regret it if you don’t ask and never know if she would have accepted?

onehundredthidiot

Buzz, nah she didn’t know in fact she was pressing for it for a long time.
    Already talked about it but she doesn’t know herself.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

simon is just a fanatical puritan..

no, I just don’t see the point of drugging oneself insensible 🙂 That isn’t puritanism…

mansonsoul
    Free Member

My girlfriend of 6yrs broke up with me a few months back, saying much the same things. A couple of months before that we were happy and talking of moving somewhere new and out of our city, into the hills. I still think of her every day, but it’s getting easier. I don’t spontaneously burst into tears anymore. Take care of your self.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ve never agreed with SFB more. If you’re going to get drunk, then do it when you’re happy.

Now it’s “i don’t know what want”

I had that after a long-term relationship (10 years) and was pretty gutted. She went off to the Middle East nursing in an American hospital, earned loads of money and had a really good time. She came back a few times to see me and everything was fine, only by the time she came back permanently and informed me that she wanted to settle down, I had moved on (with a Polish girl who was right little darling actually 8) ) The reason I’m telling this story is don’t be surprised if she comes back to tell you that she’s decided that you’re the one. Of course she might not, so it’s up to you if you want to put your life on hold and wait …. I wouldn’t.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

If you’re going to get drunk, then do it when you’re happy.

Quoted for truth.

HansRey

in moderation, these should help pass the time

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

onehundredthidiot –

You based in Edinburgh?
    #
    there is a whole bunch of us ride bikes and drink beer get involved. My email is in my profile

do it

Seriously we are all lees stroppy than we appear on forum and more folk are always welcome.

toys19
    Free Member

Lose a woman gain a teej.

mboy
    Free Member

Hey, think yourself lucky, my 30 yr old ex was carrying on with a 16yr old in my bed while I was at work.

F**kin’ teachers! 😉

Still proper down in the mouth.
    Irony is i was about to ask her to marry me.

Bummer, not good is it. Similar happened to me recently (though only been with her a year, still knew she was the one etc.), and had been thinking about how/when to propose etc… Was mainly trying to build my self esteem back up first (more job losses and lack of work), get a few quid in the bank, and take her somewhere nice to do it. She’s really got into Mountain Biking too, and all my mates love her! Proper gutted…

But, when a woman doesn’t know what she wants, there’s no reasoning with her! You’ve got to accept it, let her find what she wants, and hope that it was you all along I’m afraid. Much as I don’t want to hear this myself, I know it to be true. Strange breed them women folk, but there’s no reasoning with em! Tis why every girl I’ve ever even so much as been on a proper date with I’ve always tried to establish what they’re after in life, cos the ones that don’t know will only end up in tears sooner than later! Though my now ex really knew what she wanted though, now she says she doesn’t have a clue and it’s not me, she just doesn’t ever want to be in a relationship again she thinks!

TJ, my god what’s happening man, I’ve read numerous posts by you the last few days, you’ve become the very epitomy of reason and well structured argument… WTF has happened?!?! I insist you change back to your old self at once…

rOcKeTdOg

Edinburgh? Go for a beer with TJ and Al. Things won’t seem so bad

🙂

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Go and try to shag your best mates wife.
    If you do, everyone will feel better that it’s all out in the open and you’ll know how good a friend your best mate is.
    If you don’t, you’ll know how good a friend your best mate is and you still be footloose and fancy free 😉

Win/win.

onehundredthidiot

TJ i’ve been on a couple of TBC rides. Would come on more but the dog can’t run free in the Pentlands. Didn’t have the dog the last time i rode with ya.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘See ya (SO content)’ is closed to new replies.