Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • security?
  • 67gingerbiker
    Free Member

dark nights drawing in, several garages have been 'done' in the area so has anyone any top tips for securing garage doors?

one must be done from the outside, the second we can get into from the house, so it could be either internal or external locking

by the way we just swapped to aa insurance, they were very happy to cover the bikes at a fair cost :-))

gusamc
    Free Member

depends on the door

with up and overs a sideways bolt/hasp padlock at each side (wall or floor), on bottom corners. (Some people add an internal bar to strengthen the door/bolt fittings)

also seen up an overs with bolts straight down vertically into floor through the 'bottom' of the door on each corner

Also seen two loops added to the doorposts with a chain stretched tightly across the door.

My dad, who does things properly, had two of those drop down posts fitted just in front of the door at the right height point…

Chainline
    Free Member

See my thread on Stolen Jones, links to some locks etc. for up and over's there is a product to stop them being open that secures with a padlock which you could fit with an alarmed padlock.

67gingerbiker
    Free Member

thanks, i am looking for a cheap home made solution…hope its not false economy

JohnnyPanic

With an upnover door that has a bottom 'lip' just drill 2 or 3 10mm wide holes into the bottom lip, one at each side a foot in and one in the middle, and maybe 10 inches deep. Then drop the thickest tent pegs you can find into them. For extra security drill 2 more, about 2 foot down from the top on each side. Stops them from peeling the door out from it's corners without making an awful lot of noise. Cheap as.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘security?’ is closed to new replies.