Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Securing Hope wheels, hexlock or something else?
  • yohandsome
    Free Member

Both my wheels just got stolen, so now I’m going to take steps to secure my future hope wheels using some sort of security bolt in addition to locking them to the frame. My frame is 135×10 rear and 135×9 front.

What’s my best option?
    Bolt through with hexlock?
    QR with hexlock?
    Or something else.

trail_rat
    Free Member

put a chain through the wheels.

matt_outandabout

How did they get stolen?

scruff9252

I used the Halo hex QR bolts years ago (10?). The bolt snapped in half trying to get it tight enough to stop the wheel from slipping. Looked elegant and a good idea, but in practice never worked ime.

ads678

Yep when my bike gets locked up outside work, I use 2 locks and make sure they both go through the frame and wheels.

yohandsome
    Free Member

Yeah I guess a chain is a good alternative. Using a beefy u lock to lock the rear wheel and frame and chain thing for the front wheel.

servo
    Free Member

Lock the bike in a Ford Transit. 8)

Seriously, is there anywhere better at work you can put it? Tell them you’ve had bits nicked and they may find somewhere.

yohandsome
    Free Member

The other option is carrying it up 6 flights of narrow stairs erryday.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheapo undesirable bike to ride to work a possibility ?

anything nice left in the same place daily without someone watching it day in day out will get nicked eventually.

nickdavies

I’d put a bolt thru axle front and back just to stop chancers. It won’t stop anyone with half a mind to do it though.

I bought a handful of the little oxford keylocks from on one a couple of years ago for this kind of thing, pretty unobtrusive and easy to carry. No real security to them for a targeted thief but good just as a little extra – make it the bike next door they go for.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Securing Hope wheels, hexlock or something else?’ is closed to new replies.