Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Securing bikes and other bits in your van, photo's please ;)
    Free Member

I've got a leased vito van and while it has a steel bulkhead i'd like to fasten some timber inside to fashion some supports for the bikes, while it'll have to be removed i've got the van for a few years yet so it has to be relatively permanent.

So if you have any photo's of the inside of your van and your bike securing methods it would be very much appreciated!

thanks 😉
    jt

Free Member

Anyone?

alex222
    Free Member

ply it out first.

sweepy
    Free Member

I just strap mine to the side with a bunjy. Anything heavier, ratchet straps

sailor74
    Free Member

strap mine to the side with a bungee too

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Bunjees for me too, they act as shock absorbers and the bike just stands in the middl;e of my van. Just make sure you put extra security on the side and back doors.

earbyphil
    Free Member

Your Vito has load hooks in the floor. Why not padlock the bike to one or some of these?

Pigface
    Free Member

I have some mesh bulk heads behind the drivers seat, just run a cable through that and the frame, if they have taken the time to smash their way in they are pretty intent on having your bike away.

I also put that mirror stuff on the back window so you cant see in. It is a git to put on though and I made a right Horlicks of it but it still works.

Wolfdog
    Free Member

I've the short wheel vito and its wheels off bikes upside down put em in back to front and lash down to the loading hoops. I've had 6 bikes & 5 lads in my vito that way.

steviep
    Free Member

Get a sheet of ply the width of your van and about 2ft deep and bolt fork mounting brackets to it. I can get 3 bikes easily and 4 at a push into the back of my astravan using this system.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

I got a double one of these. http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/product/minouravergobikerack.aspx?&id=985

Not cheap, but it holds mine and g/f bikes nicely, you can get "fork up" off CRC for 20mm etc axles and make putting bikes closer together easyer.

I have screwed it to a bit of ply, ply width of van and can remove ply and stand if needed.

cynic-al
    Free Member

sailor74 – Member
    strap mine to the side with a bungee too

My underpants usually do the job fien.

*is impressed*

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Securing bikes and other bits in your van, photo's please ;)’ is closed to new replies.