Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Seconhandcartrackworld Focus Mk2 TDCi estate
  • stayhigh

Morning All,

I’m going to test drive a couple of Focus’ today; a 1.6 TDCi Style (08, 70k, MOT Jan 18, no advisories) and a 2.0 TDCi Ghia (06, 68k, MOT Mar 18, new cambelt and waterpump at master service in May this year). Both are up for the same money.

Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for with either of them? Have heard of some experiencing problems with the turbo which can be checked by looking for smoke from the exhaust and some leaks from the boot hinges and windscreen.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

1.6 TDCi (DV6 engine) has a history of blowing injectors seals, sludging oil and killing turbo’s, turbo gets replaced and repeat as sludge still in oil system which garage won’t flush out properly.

Normally injector 3 starts leaking (check for tar build up around the injector and/or occasional diesel smell in cabin). Ours started leaking at around 65K so I chopped it in at this point.

Not sure if the issue is fully resolved now but ours was a 55 plate.

boblo
    Free Member

We had the 2.0tdci. It had two clutches/dmf’s and an alternator in 60k miles from new. Pulled brilliantly and returned ~45mpg on a run but I couldn’t stand its appetite for clutches.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Seconhandcartrackworld Focus Mk2 TDCi estate’ is closed to new replies.