Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Second video camera to complement my GoPro
  • Gilles

I like shooting videos of some of my MTB trips using my GoPro –
    However any landscape or beautiful wide scenes get squashed due to the fisheyes effect of the lens. What kind of light and robust video camera can I also use to bring back the scale of the mountains? Could a camera with video features be enough without looking at camcorder?

thanks!

here an example:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsSZ6mR09z0[/video]

Trekster

Grizdale?…

project
    Free Member

Ion Pro or Rollie

andysredmini
    Free Member

Reduce the fisheye on the gopro. I haven’t tried it but I believe there are 3 settings. I think its crops the video but I’m not sure.

rwamartin
    Free Member

My son is getting into video. He started with a gopro and we’ve now bought a Panasonic Lumix LX7 which produces great HD video.

TheManBehindTheCam

The Burden of the Beast and the Iceland videos are examples filmed with the LX7.

We decided on a compact as it was more portable than a DSLR and have been very pleased with the choice.

Rich.

Gilles

Thanks Rich, I enjoyed that video of the beast! Not sure which S/W editor you are using, but I found using the Pan/Zoom features of window movie maker add some good cinematographic effects.

rwamartin
    Free Member

Thanks gilles – I’ll pass on the tips.

Jake’s using GoPro studio mainly, with a bit of Movie Maker where required. We’re a bit limited with the laptop we’re using but he’s off to college to do film making so it will be Canon 5Ds and Macs in September which are both out of my budget!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Second video camera to complement my GoPro’ is closed to new replies.