Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • seatpost
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

anyone running one of these : Easton EA70 Seatpost

just that i have 'Easton monkeylite' xc handle- bars on my orange bike and thort i mite treat me sen to a matching seatpost too..
    do they scuff much: or shud i pay abit extra and get a carbon seatpost..

elaineanne
    Free Member

anyone ?

cinnamon_girl

Have been impressed with carbon bars and the way they absorb trail vibrations so would suggest carbon seatpost.

nickc

Easton posts do get scuffed up if you move them (most carbon post do really). Nice post though

johnners
    Free Member

I've got a black one, the ano and markings seem durable enough though not as good as Thomson. I'm not generally a saddle dropper though so scuffing's a lot less likely I guess.

tails
    Free Member

ahhh no one answered your post. I even looked at it and thought someone will answer it. No seriously I feel your pain I gotta be heading the STW ignored list prob cos my questions are shit.

Anyway I see what your trying to do and thats match. Easton posts do scratch up from what I've seen where as thomson don't. what stem have you got we could still match this up?

also i always remember some mag talking about hifi equipment saying to mix and match as no one producer makes the best radio, cd player, amp etc and i think that applies to bikes as well easton imo make the best bars thomson the best posts blah blah

GW
    Free Member

all seatposts scuff. but only really from raising and lowering them which is not a good idea for a carbon post, infact I'd go as far as to say a carbon post is not a great idea at all.

elaineanne
    Free Member

duno what seatpost i have…it just came standard with my orange bike..
    my son bought the thompson seatpost about 4 months ago and still looks good ! i guess thats the best one really….
    'evancycles' have a 'ritchie seatpos't in the sale at the mo for 44 quid…(not carbon of course…. i,ll have a shop around and c if the thompson seatpost is coming down in price yet ….

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I used to have an Easton EA50 post and found the anodising wore off quite quickly.My Thomson post however,still looks great after 2 years.

alpin
    Free Member

and thort i mite treat me sen

i gave up once i got this far…..

elaineanne
    Free Member

meaning…. ? im a 'reight 'yorkshire gal' you see and wot you see with me spelling is saying it in yorkshire terms..so be reight wont it, we dunt hav to be all posh clerical spellchecker..you get me drift..

alpin
    Free Member

Lor' luv a duck! da english language wasn't developed ter be used by da likes ov you. Know what I mean?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘seatpost’ is closed to new replies.