Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • seat post question (hieght)
  • skeetsgb
    Free Member

hi
    having used my new bike over the last week, still feel on the climbs set up not quite right. how high do you have your seat post ?. having googled it and getting technical answers, i just want one thing answered please. are your feet suppose to touch the floor ? when you are sat on the saddle !!
    many thanks

gaz

RustySpanner

Mine are nowhere near the floor!

Everyone’s different, but as a rough guide, your knee should be only slightly bent at the bottom of the pedal stroke with the ball of your foot on the pedal.

Like this:

There’s a good, clear article about setup here.

You could always ask your local bike shop to give you a hand.
    They’d probably be delighted to help.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

thnx. i did the rule of thumb like you send with my knee slightly bent (25/30%) and my feet dont touch the floor. which tbh i thought cant be right!! i will give it a go tommorow, see how i ride. i suppose its confidence when im cornering thats why i have my feet touching i reckon.. thanks

RustySpanner

Honestly, don’t worry about not touching the floor, it’s perfectly normal.

Seriously, just pop into your local shop and have a word with them, they’ll be happy to reassure you.

Enjoy yourself!

emanuel
    Free Member

have a fit done.it seems a bit dear,but it’s worth it.

spooky_b329

The ‘leg slightly bent’ method is good if you know how much you want to bend your leg.

The sure fire way is sit on the bike with your shoulder resting on a wall, so your hips are level. Put the pedal at the lowest point, with your HEEL on the pedal your leg should be straight, but not stretching. Repeat otherside in case you have wonky legs.

Then ride the bike. You can tweak it maybe an inch down but no higher. It may feel silly high at first but you will be loads more efficient at climbing 🙂

Bagstard
    Free Member

Also, if you are running flat pedals you will want your foot slightly further forward on the pedal than with spd’s.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

thanks for the advice lads. been out today, sooooo much better. raised the post and the bike felt so much better to ride, felt like i could go for ever lol. the climbs were alot easier, after 10 mins didnt even bother my feet were no where near the gtound and the cornering was no different too, so great. thanks again

gaz

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘seat post question (hieght)’ is closed to new replies.