• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by OCB.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Seat post mount rear light on pannier rack
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Hi,

I need to mount an exposure flare on my rear pannier rack but the exposure mount is for seat posts. Does anyone know of a solution for this that will ensure the light is mounted securely?

dovebiker

What about the Exposure seat rail bracket?

MRanger156
    Free Member

The bag would still get in the way of the light if it was mounted on the seat rail. I might have to bodge something!

TiRed

The solution is to buy a Cateye that will mount to Saddle rails, seatpost and a rack.

You could also try and adapt a Go Pro Exposure adapter from Raceware, as I believe the Flare is the same diameter as the Joystick. Anywhere you can fix a Go Pro mount will work.

wwaswas

bit of foam pipe lagging around the horizontal bit of the rack at the rear – attach light to that.

dovebiker

Sorry, meant attach Exposure seat rail bracket to the back of the rack using a couple of cable ties?

OCB
    Free Member

A Madison Universal Light Mounting Kit is your friend.

The red square section is a bit of tapped alloy that receives the bolts – I don’t think it’s especially clear from the product photo, but it’s obvious when it’s in your hand.

I actually use one on the offside stay of one of my *front* racks to mount a light down below where a bag would otherwise obscure it, but it’d work just as well on the rear (unless you have some unusually perculiar rear rack of course).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Seat post mount rear light on pannier rack’ is closed to new replies.