Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Seat Leon 2.0 TDI – Thoughts/Experiences
  • letmetalktomark

After what seems like an age Mrs LMTTM and I have agreed on a car, well a make and model 😳

Off to see a 56 plate Seat Leon 2.0 TDI Sylance at the weekend. I know of a couple of people that run the 1.9 TDI VAG engine but no one with the 16v 2.0 derzel.

Any thoughts/experiences with this model/engine etc?

Good & Bad

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The interiors are very…

letmetalktomark

Agreed. 🙂

Interior aesthetics aside 😆

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have no more to add – my wife wouldn't even entertain a test drive in one after seeing the interior. 🙁

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

They are okay really – fairly quick, handle okay, look a bit different.

Just ignore that interior and you'll be fine.

steveh

The 2.0 diesel injection was brought in to replace the 1.9 as the Pumpe duese system this used could not be made to meet the new emmissions requirements. So far it seems slightly less reliable than the 1.9tdi from the reports I've heard (but the 1.9 was massively reliable). Is it a 140 or 170 you're looking at? The 170bhp versions have more issues and most were software updated by dealers after various bits couldn't handle the power. Top of my head says it was gearbox/clutch related and the solution was limited power/revs in certain gears – not certain on this though.

A friend did 120k in 2 years in his without major problems and it seemed pretty nice.

letmetalktomark

140bhp model

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

If it has been serviced to fixed schedules work away, if it has been on extended one's there is a greater chance of the turbo going bang in the first 80k. The usual DMF issues apply.

richmtb

I've got a Leon FR petrol so I can't comment on the engine but the car is great. Bit more interesting to look at than the Golf and it is fun to drive. Interior is bland as hell but well screwed together I've had no issues with mine.

The VAG 2.0 diesel is a pretty good engine and because its common rail its sound less like an old canal boat engine. 140 bhp will be nippy enough

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Seat Leon 2.0 TDI – Thoughts/Experiences’ is closed to new replies.