Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Seat clamp….what works unlike hope
  • vondally
    Free Member

So have a qr hope clamp on my stooge but post keeps slipping slightly so what works? Ideally clear qr…..

superstu
    Free Member

salsa fliplocks have always been a favourite of mine.

scotroutes

+1 for Fliplock

ahwiles
    Free Member

no problems with a hope QR here.

(a bit o grease really helps)

iain1775
    Free Member

Salsa
    I have a black one for sale depending what size you need

steel4real
    Free Member

Salsa every time 🙂 – and err….ok then maybe also a Chromag or two 😉

Hope – over designed & engineered POS 🙁

dukeduvet

used to have the same problem with mine but after turning the silver bolt tighter it has not budged at all.

The qr lever should just tighten up nicely as you fully close it, not so you have to really force it home but just enough. Experiment a bit, mind you might already have.

chiefgrooveguru

Try rotating it through 180 degrees – the clamping force is more even if the clamp’s bolt is opposite the seat tube slot rather than next to it.

mark90
    Free Member

Ensuring the Hope one is lubed on the cam surfaces certainly helped with mine to get enough clamping hold on the seatpost without having excessive closing force on the lever. But in the end I have swapped them out for Salsa fliplocks.

SirHC

Park assembly paste will help with the post slipping.

bonesetter
    Free Member

My mate’s Thompson slipped on his Stooge – tried everything, in the end he got himself a Bontrager and hasn’t slipped since

He tried a Hope

vondally
    Free Member

The post is a raceface xy, before that was a gravity dropper and anasonic…. right off to the shed to take apart….if all fails will be a salsa

bonesetter
    Free Member

tomwoodbury

another salsa fan here… and I have a 34.9mm for sale in black if interested

Northwind

The Chromag one is awesome- there’s 2, one has a big brass bushing and one doesn’t, you want the bushing’d one. Quite heavy though

Salsa are lovely when you first get them but ime not good with mud- they get stiff and wear quickly.

MrGreedy

Another Salsa fan, lovely smooth action.

takisawa2

Salsa. Job done.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Salsa good, chromag better.

fudge9202
    Free Member

+1 for Chromag

Northwind

OE trek ones are pretty nice. Ugly, but good. But they’re a funny size, 36.4 or something, because trek are arseholes.

MrTricky
    Free Member

Surly Constrictor works well on my Stooge. Don’t forget to grease between the clamp and the frame. Carbon seatpost grease works well between seatpost and frame, though I haven’t needed it for this frame.

PJay
    Free Member

I like my Chromag; it’s a lovely piece of kit with no slippage issues (it’s a bit pricey though for a seat clamp). The Chromag replaced a Salsa Flip Lock clamp which itself worked well but didn’t have a bushing resulting in wear.

My only issue with the Chromag is that it’s prone to creaking (although stripping it down and applying plenty of grease solves this for sometime).

hairyscary

Chromag

transporter13
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with hope

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Seat clamp….what works unlike hope’ is closed to new replies.