Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • seat bags/packs
  • Potter
    Free Member

evening guys
    looking to get a seat pack or bag whatever there called hese days for the hardtail just for the usual holding of multitool tube etc
    anyone got any recommendations please
    cheers

g-dawg
    Free Member

I use ones's you can get from Lidl for 3 quid every now and again. They come with (poor quality) multi tool, Tyre boot and a rag.The multi tool is rubbish but the rest is just what you pay 3 times as much for in a bike shop. They dont always have them in so keep you're eyes out for them.

brianbrian
    Free Member

I use a Topeak bag which has survived many a tumble. http://www.noahsark.co.uk/topeak-qr-small-wedge-p-27.html It click to the saddle I have without and need for the clips which saves wieght… if you have the right saddle.

aP
    Free Member

We use Arkel seat bags. They're waterproof and have been pretty robust used on both mtb and road bikes for the last 2 years.

mefty
    Free Member

I use Topeak as well but broke the quick cleat on the bag in a crash – that said Topeak replaced it free of charge without question. The zips have quite small teeth so could be tougher so worth keeping them clean. I didn't and learnt my lesson.

The arkels look like a very good design though.

Northwind

I use an Ortlieb one, it's more of a box than a bag but it's pretty good- it's not immersion proof like their bags but for all biking purposes it's waterproof. Being a box, it's slightly harder to cram stuff into it though. Still, it's been very good.

grumm
    Free Member

Lidl one here as well – it's pretty decent.

miketually
    Free Member

Pedros do one made from old innertubes that's working well for me.

RustySpanner

Topeak here as well.

Also managed to break the clip (on the bag itself) after a crash, had to pay about a fiver for a new one.

Ordered a couple of spare saddle mounts to allow me to swap the pack between bikes, but the standard mount won't fit on a Brooks B17 narrow, so now have a spare.

Also have tried the Lidl one – no loop to fit a light and fiddly strap – wobbles about a bit as well, which I can't feel from the saddle but apparantly looks amusing from behind.
    On my second Lidl one, managed to wear through the first with a Race Face Deus XC seat post in about a thousand miles.

If starting from scratch, would probably get a clipless Topeak wedgie pack or one from Edinburgh Bike Co-Op, which look fine and are very cheap.

zaskar
    Free Member

I use the Topeak with the buckles (not the slide bracket).

Also there are copies for other brands that are cheaper so Google!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘seat bags/packs’ is closed to new replies.