Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Seasucker bike rack
  • andrewndy
    Free Member

Anyone used and could give your opinion on the seasucker bike racks, the version that fits to the roof of the car and not the boot.

househusband

Awesome kit! I’ve had mine for nine months or so and it’s been used for both road and mountain bike. It’s a big leap of faith the first you use it but I’ve never had any issues; only disadvantage is lack of security.

Getting one was the only choice I had with my Mini Cooper; bought the car hoping that there would be a roof bar or tow bar available but that never happened; roof bars only available as a factory fit option.

There’s been a few posts, mostly positive, about them over the last year or so on the forums here so worth doing a search for more feedback. Bought my Talon when it was on offer at £175 from ProBikeKit.

DaveRambo

I have one for the same reasons as HH. I have an MX5 and it’s the only rack that will work but only because it’s a hard top.

I got the additional front wheel adapter so I don’t need to put it inside the car, which is equally difficult. It also gives you the additional sucker on the rear in case one comes unsealed.

It’s a fab carrier, very easy to put on and take off and takes up hardly any room. Security when on the car isn’t good but I rarely leave my bikes out of sight anyway. If you’re worried it’s a 2 minute job to run a cable to something or take the bike off and lock it up.

I’ve used it for road, HT and FS bikes and it’s perfectly fine above legal speeds (ahem… so I have heard)

Road bike

FS

Andy_K

Hmm, I’m also considering one of these for going to races when the lady wants the utility vehicle at the weekend.

proedgebiker.com
    Free Member

It’s the only rack that stays with you and not the car. Yeah security is an issue but speaking as a user of the rack and not a dealer, I never stop anywhere that doesn’t allow a clear view of my bike and the same would go if my bike was in any rack since there is no rack that makes a bike theft proof. Lastly, the fact that it takes 1 minute to mount and a few seconds to take off makes it a one of a kind considering it’s not always on the car impacting your gas $$$.
    FYI- cable lock is available.

onewheelgood

Better do something about those weeds in the tarmac.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

We used one to drag an Ibis from Somerset to the Lakes at 80 the whole way. No problems with it.

househusband

On offer at Probikekit at the moment:

http://www.probikekit.co.uk/brands/seasucker.list

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

My dad got one for when he had a midlife crisis Porsche. Didn’t last longhand now I’ve got the seasucker. He used it for his feather weight plastic road bike, I only have chunky mtb’s. Tbh I’ve not dared use it on any proper road trips, but I have slung it on to nip down to the bike shop or to a local ride meet. I have no qualms about the strength of the suckers, they Don’t budge – but any bumps or bends it just feels like the whole roofs gonna rip off!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Seasucker bike rack’ is closed to new replies.