Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Seasonal weight gain – Beefcake content
  • Kryton57

Please tell me its not just me.

In the last month im suddendly 5lbs heavier and although my riding schedule/efforts have relaxed slightly, my calorific intake hasnt. But its winter, right? 5lbs is a lot and ive seen it creep up without any considerable effort to pile on the flab from myself. Sheesh!

LeeW

It’s autumn isn’t it?

We all need that little bit of extra warmth this time of year.

legend
    Free Member

Buy some lighter bike parts to compensate

weeksy

Mine went on over the holidays, 6 weeks off the 5-2 diet, along with 3 weeks in Italy with no exercise apart from the odd stroll. I stuck on 14lb in the 6 weeks.
    I’m working on it again now and will get it back off bit by bit with Zwifting and outdoor rides…. but it’s a little frustrating.

I’d be jumping for joy if mine were 5lb !

bikebouy
    Free Member

You are just gathering fat for the inevitable lean period after the Nuclear Apocalypse or Nibru hits the planet..

You could be one of the lucky ones to survive…. think of it that way.

T1000
    Free Member

Preparing for hibernation?

nickc

I’ve done bugger all this (what I derisively call a) summer, and I reckon I’m carrying about 2-3kgs more than I would normally. And I’m going to the Alps with 2 mates that love a good climb…Lord have mercy on my soul.

ton

I have just lost 11 lbs in 3 week. under surgeons orders.

nickc

oh, that’s a bit mixed isn’t it? well done for losing the weight, hope the surgery goes well.

hooli

My weight seems to go in cycles

I put a bit on at christmas time, too much eating, drinking and being merry.
    I put a bit on in summer because my beer intake goes up as it gets warmer, lots of bbq’s and an all inclusive summer holiday.
    I put a bit on in autumn as its getting colder and I eat differently.

I lose a bit…well…as much as a person can lose in the first 10 days of January.

I think I may have found my problem 😉

v8ninety

Edit edit; wrong thread oops

SaxonRider

Well done! Is there a particular pattern of eating you have followed? Or are you just starving yourself?

Jamie
    Free Member

My healthcare professional told me to do the reverse. I am starting to think Dr Oetker hasn’t got my best interests at heart.

ton

Well done! Is there a particular pattern of eating you have followed? Or are you just starving yourself?

a few years ago, a bloke on here spent a lot of time educating me on a certain eating plan. it works for me. I lost 5 stone on it prior but then stopped following it. back on it now tho and it is working again.

IDIET

Tiger6791

I am Weeksy and I’ll give myself 5lbs (see what I did there)

Ran London marathon in April and lost nearly 2stone.

Luckily I found 1 stone quite quickly

Got a half marathon on Sunday, here’s my training plan which I have stuck to religiously

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve started doing the mesolithic, it’s a halfway option between going full paleo and eating ready meals.

fasthaggis

Krytie
    If you stop worrying about it,you will soon find a huge weight has been lifted from your shoulders (possibly more than 5lbs).There will be a spring in your step and you will start to see all the joy in the changing seasons,leaves starting to change colour,wood smoke in the air, night rides in proper dark. Then thoughts may turn to the approaching CX season ,where once again you will dominate in the oldies group. Ah,life is good, so take a deep breath and put that pie back in the fridge. 😛 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

I remove the risk of putting on a winter coat, by just being about a stone overweight throughout the year.

molgrips
    Free Member

I lost 2kgs in 2 weeks on holiday in Scotland. I did two runs and two bike rides, and ate a shitload of biscuits.

Only thing I did out of the ordinary was snorkelling in bloody freezing cold water and getting really cold almost daily.

I’ve started doing the mesolithic, it’s a halfway option between going full paleo and eating ready meals.

Chapeau 🙂

brassneck

My healthcare professional told me to do the reverse. I am starting to think Dr Oetker hasn’t got my best interests at heart.

Love it

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Given that life expectancy is lower in Scotland you’re better off being fat and English.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Seasonal weight gain – Beefcake content’ is closed to new replies.