Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Searching for the Holy Grail.
  • mtbmaff
    Free Member

Hi there,

Anybody help with car insurance recommendations for a 21year old boy?

Just passed his test, we’ve had quotes on a 1.1L Saxo between £1700 and £7000!

Matt.

rOcKeTdOg

buy him a bicycle….oh

nickf
    Free Member

He’s done Passplus, right? If not, do it now.

spacemonkey

1.1L Saxo between £1700 and £7000!

J-E-E-E-S-U-S C-H-R-I-S-T 😮

akira

Maybe stick with finding the holy grail. Cheaper to have you on policy and him added on?

rysz
    Free Member

Sadly, other than Pass Plus, there is not a huge amount other than suck it up – insurance prices are ridiculous!

There are some things that can be done however to make small differences:
    Making sure his mum is a named driver,
    If possible keep the car off the road,
    Reduce the mileage,
    Get married.

It is abominable how insurance is charged in this country, thank those who make ridiculous compensation claims and those that feel that insurance is not required for them 🙁 [/rant]

The choice of car is sometimes a big factor, Toyota Yaris’ are very cheap to insure and things like Fiat Seicento’s as well. The cheapest car I have ever had to insure was a Rover 620 as it is perceived as an old mans car that no one in their right mind would want to steal.

Rysz.

Edukator
    Free Member

It’s going back over 30 year but I used to insure my cars “road traffic act only”. No fire or theft, driver not covered. Only thrid party claims possible. The broker was Osbourne’s IIRC.

I still use similar insurance but with driver cover. It’s allowed me to insure some highly entertaining cars for not very much at all. If you are more careful han the average driver you’ll be quids in over your driving career.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Searching for the Holy Grail.’ is closed to new replies.